Why become a member? ×

Fender bassman 20

krispn

So this is a rare wee beast and I can imagine not too many of you guys have seen one of these in the wild!

Fender Bassman 20 Bass combo

Hand wired PTP tube head
1 X 15 sealed speaker cabinet
2 X 6L6
2 X 12AX7 (OR 7075'S I think Fender called them)

£400 and thats pretty set Im afraid

rated about 18watts but puts out somewhere around the 30-35 mark when cranked.

Fender USA cira 1984 - actually it has to be 1984 as only about 580 of these were made during that year when Paul Rivera was working at Fender.

Its got that great tube tone at lower volumes and will kick out SVT like grit through a Marshall 4x12.

I've used this for home practice, jamming with singer songwriters and its great for those smaller gigs and acoustic nights when you just don't need your 4x10 and 6U rack. The 1x15 pumps out a nice full tone.

Before I got it it lived in a studio where it was the go to amp for recording guitar and bass and at a recent rehearsal with a new band the guitarist hooked it up to her 4x12 and cursed me that a bass player should have this amp when its such a great guitar tone.

This is not one of the new Fender Bassman amps and needs more playing than I can give it. Plus tha cash will go towards some new toys. Hate to see it go ask its my practise amp but needs must. So much gear so little time.......

Get in touch and I'll answer what I can.

Im not after any trades unless you have an Aguilar DB 680 hiding under your bed you don't use.

Thanks for reading

Vitamin G

Edited by krispn

[quote name='krispn' post='603884' date='Sep 20 2009, 08:05 PM']So this is a rare wee beast and I can imagine not too many of you guys have seen one of these in the wild!

Fender Bassman 20 Bass combo

Hand wired PTP tube head
1 X 15 sealed speaker cabinet
2 X 6L6
2 X 12AX7 (OR 7075'S I think Fender called them)

£400 and thats pretty set Im afraid

rated about 18watts but puts out somewhere around the 30-35 mark when cranked.

Fender USA cira 1984 - actually it has to be 1984 as only about 580 of these were made during that year when Paul Rivera was working at Fender.

Its got that great tube tone at lower volumes and will kick out SVT like grit through a Marshall 4x12.

I've used this for home practice, jamming with singer songwriters and its great for those smaller gigs and acoustic nights when you just don't need your 4x10 and 6U rack. The 1x15 pumps out a nice full tone.

Before I got it it lived in a studio where it was the go to amp for recording guitar and bass and at a recent rehearsal with a new band the guitarist hooked it up to her 4x12 and cursed me that a bass player should have this amp when its such a great guitar tone.

This is not one of the new Fender Bassman amps and needs more playing than I can give it. Plus tha cash will go towards some new toys. Hate to see it go ask its my practise amp but needs must. So much gear so little time.......

Get in touch and I'll answer what I can.

Im not after any trades unless you have an Aguilar DB 680 hiding under your bed you don't use.

Thanks for reading

Vitamin G

Hi

If still for sale very interested where are you?

John[/quote]