Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer standard (German made)

jj1234

All,

Up for sale is my Warwick Streamer standard. Now a discontinued model, this was the cheapest German made Warwick - a 'real' one as opposed to RockBass, but with some different features to the Corvettes etc.

Natural Carolena body
Ovangol neck, Wenge board
One MEC Soapbar pickup with push-pull coil tap
Warwick tuners
One-piece Warwick bridge
Bell brass frets

So, most of the important stuff is there, high quality woods, tuners and frets. You'll find good reviews on Harmony Central:
[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Warwick/Streamer+Standard/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...r+Standard/10/1[/url]

A unique 'feature' of this particular bass is two small screw holes in the body (pictured) where the previous owner, in a completely bizarre location, tried installing a thumb rest and then thought better of it. For this reason, and because I'm looking for a quick sale, the bass is priced to compete with squiers, despite the fact that it's a good quality European-made instrument.

Ritter gig-bag included.

I'm looking for £200, but make me offers! Reference available from dunetune_jazz .

Thanks

John

[quote name='tischbein' post='600989' date='Sep 17 2009, 05:22 AM'][b]German made Warwick[/b].... are you sure. I´d presume these are made in China or Algeria..[/quote]

They're definately German made, although they do have some of the features of the cheaper Rockbass models - noticeably the one piece bridge as opposed to the "proper" two piece Warwick bridge.

They're good value for money though.

• 7 months later...

[quote name='Davy' post='833617' date='May 10 2010, 09:02 PM']Hi,

Is this still for sale?

Dave[/quote]

Absolutely. Haven't pushed it on here as a close (non-bassist) friend has been using it to learn on and off for the past few months. But I'm still keen to sell, moreso now that he's moving away and can't use it anymore. PM on its way.

John

Thanks for the post - just to reiterate these basses are absolutely, unequivocally German made as I believe the serial number has confirmed above. Jimbobothy rightly points out: the fully adjustable Warwick bridge is not present, and nor is the swamp ash body. The neck and fretboard is fully identical to the other German models from the time.

These are great basses for the buck.
German Warwick, no nonsense, reliable bass.
Surprisingly versatile too, with coil tap on the volume knob.
I used one for ages, still had a bit of growl to it, never had a problem with it. Wish I'd kept it.

[quote name='Davy' post='834787' date='May 11 2010, 10:25 PM']What would you say they sound like, a Precision, Musicman or something different?[/quote]

I would say more dark sounding and less full-on than a Musicman, but probably a bit more of an agile sound than a precision. I'm not particularly well educated about those other two basses though.

[quote name='Davy' post='834804' date='May 11 2010, 10:36 PM']I've got a precision at the moment and it's a bit too "growly" for me. I'd like something a bit smoother if that makes any sense.[/quote]
I'd say the humbucker on these is smoother than a P, but I guess string choice can also affect "tone".
Certainly more flexible than any P I've owned (still got 2). Used mine in a covers band and it "covered" all the material.