Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sterling - SOLD!!!

casapete

After a lot of agonizing, have decided to it's time to move on my gorgeous Sterling. Taken me a long time to realise that I prefer Stingray/Precision
type necks to the slimmer Sterling/Jazz ones, so am either looking for a straight sale or possibly a trade for a Stingray. Not too fussed over colour and fingerboard, though would like something that's in similar condition to mine and medium/light in weight.

So, according to Aziah at Ernie Ball my Sterling "was born on November 2nd. 2000 in San Luis Obispo California". I am the second owner,having had it since
approx 2004 if I remember correctly. Has always been looked after, and has n't been used for the last year or so due to me having an accident which stopped me playing for a while.

Finish is Honey Sunburst with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a white pearloid scratchplate fitted,but I still have the original plain white one
so you can have which one you prefer.

Condition is immaculate-virtually unblemished apart from a tiny laquer mark (just near the output socket) which is barely noticeable.
The neck is pristine, the headstock has a couple of tiny marks which again are hard to spot. Overall it is in fantastic condition,especially as it
is coming up 9 years old. Original MM hardcase is included (with unused key!) - case is in excellent condition,as have used a flightcase a lot of the time.
Think it will be hard to find a Sterling this age in better nick reall

I am in East Yorkshire near Hull, but could help with delivery in Yorkshire/North if necessary.
Would prefer not to post to ensure you are happy with it/arrives okay etc, but will discuss carriage if no other option.

Cheers for looking. [b]( SOLD to someone not on here, but thanks for the interest shown. ) [/b]

Edited by casapete

[quote name='wombatboter' post='600506' date='Sep 16 2009, 05:40 PM']Great price..recently bought a green one here on Bass-chat. Excellent basses, good luck with the trade/sale[/quote]

Cheers mate.
I'll be sad to see this go,its a great bass.

[quote name='casapete' post='600476' date='Sep 16 2009, 05:07 PM']After a lot of agonizing, have decided to it's time to move on my gorgeous Sterling. Taken me a long time to realise that I prefer Stingray/Precision
type necks to the slimmer Sterling/Jazz ones, so am either looking for a straight sale or possibly a trade for a Stingray. Not too fussed over colour and fingerboard, though would like something that's in similar condition to mine and medium/light in weight.

So, according to Aziah at Ernie Ball my Sterling "was born on November 2nd. 2000 in San Luis Obispo California". I am the second owner,having had it since
approx 2004 if I remember correctly. Has always been looked after, and has n't been used for the last year or so due to me having an accident which stopped me playing for a while.

Finish is Honey Sunburst with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a white pearloid scratchplate fitted,but I still have the original plain white one
so you can have which one you prefer.

Condition is immaculate-virtually unblemished apart from a tiny laquer mark (just near the output socket) which is barely noticeable.
The neck is pristine, the headstock has a couple of tiny marks which again are hard to spot. Overall it is in fantastic condition,especially as it
is coming up 9 years old. Original MM hardcase is included (with unused key!) - case is in excellent condition,as have used a flightcase a lot of the time.
Think it will be hard to find a Sterling this age in better nick really.

Am looking for [b]£695[/b] (or maybe trade for your Stingray.)
May consider very near offers - try me!

I am in East Yorkshire near Hull, but could help with delivery in Yorkshire/North if necessary.
Would prefer not to post to ensure you are happy with it/arrives okay etc, but will discuss carriage if no other option.

Cheers for looking.[/quote]

[quote name='lepromo' post='600774' date='Sep 16 2009, 09:48 PM']Looks luverly! Might not be your thing, but would you be intereseted in a trade with a Warwick Corvette $$? It's got two MEC made MusicMan pups each with a seies/parallel/single coil switch which takes you from Jazz Bass through to StingRay sounds and everywhere in between! More info on the Warwick site: [url="http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=22016&cl=EN"]http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkt...22016&cl=EN[/url]
My bass is in Nirvana Black, same as the pic on the Warwick site. Pics & details of condition available if you are interested. (This is a "proper" Warwick made in Germany not the Rockbass series)[/quote]

Edited by lepromo

[quote name='Rowbee' post='605054' date='Sep 21 2009, 09:57 PM']It's very pretty. Good luck with the sale. :)[/quote]

Cheers mate - do you think the price is fair? I think so - bass is in great shape.
I really thought this would have been snapped up.

Would maybe consider (very!) near offer.

Edited by casapete

[quote name='casapete' post='605062' date='Sep 21 2009, 10:02 PM']Cheers mate - do you think the price is fair? I think so - bass is in great shape.
I really thought this would have been snapped up.

Would maybe consider (very!) near offer.[/quote]

If it's the amount you're looking for, then it's fair. Seriously though, it's not an excessive amount considering the retail price for one of these babies. I'm sure you'll get some offers soon.

[quote name='wombatboter' post='600506' date='Sep 16 2009, 05:40 PM']Great price..recently bought a green one here on Bass-chat. Excellent basses, good luck with the trade/sale[/quote]

Yeah From me :-) thanks Geert.

That's a nice looking Sterling at a good price.

Good luck with the sale.

R.