Why become a member? ×

Porcupine Tree 'The Incident'

ped

I've deliberately been avoiding previews/leaks of this because it's a concept piece & I want to listen to it properly - in one sitting, through decent speakers!

The good news is that Play have shipped my copy. :)

Joegarcia - are you playing any of the UK dates? btw - lucky, lucky bleeder!!! :rolleyes:

Jon.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='596587' date='Sep 12 2009, 03:04 PM']Cool. Touring with these guys supporting for some of the EU dates late October, really looking forward to it.[/quote]

Awesome, I'm going to one of their shows, either Leeds or Manchester. What band are you in?

I love PT, especially In Absentia and Deadwing. In fact anything Steven Wilson has touched is absolutely amazing.

[quote name='thedonutman' post='597530' date='Sep 13 2009, 05:49 PM']Awesome, I'm going to one of their shows, either Leeds or Manchester. What band are you in?

I love PT, especially In Absentia and Deadwing. In fact anything Steven Wilson has touched is absolutely amazing.[/quote]

Nah only doing a few German shows and a Polish one with them, should be fun though. They're all sold out in 2000+ capacity places so should be an experience anyway :)

The band is Rose Kemp - [url="http://www.myspace.com/rosekemp"]http://www.myspace.com/rosekemp[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear :)

I have had a listen to about half of it, I really couldn't stomach any more than that. Of course, this is my opinion, but the lyrics are pointless, his voice has no conviction, the sound of the record is weak, half empty. I was expecting something rich, lush, challenging. It all sounds so dated. The playing is good, but that's not why I listen to music.

It's the sort of thing Muse do SO much better.

Sorry Ped.

[b]EDIT:[/b] I'll put it in the SE Bass Bash raffle

[b]EDIT 2:[/b] Also, something about the first song was nagging at me, I have just realised a part of it sounds like just like a number on the first A Perfect Circle album. Now I think about it, it all sounds like a elementary attempt at being A Perfect Circle album. If you haven't heard APC, check them out, they are truly brilliant.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='joegarcia' post='597711' date='Sep 13 2009, 09:24 PM']Nah only doing a few German shows and a Polish one with them, should be fun though. They're all sold out in 2000+ capacity places so should be an experience anyway :)

The band is Rose Kemp - [url="http://www.myspace.com/rosekemp"]http://www.myspace.com/rosekemp[/url][/quote]

She has been influenced by a few people. :rolleyes:

Influences

Cardiacs, Melvins, Earth, King Crimson, Goblin, Earth, Stephen Malkmus, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Burzum, Kayo Dot, Elbow, Weidorje, Patton (Bungle, Fantomas...), Henry Cow, ASVA, Nektar, Diamanda Galas, Moss, Deep Purple, Swans, Queen, Om, Gösta Berlings Saga, The White Noise, Pelican, Tangerine dream, Dekrepit Spektre, Secret Cheifs 3, Negura Bunget, Pantera, Lento, Taint, ISIS, Blut Aus Nord, Kansas, Roisin Murphy, Sleep, Shellac, Rapeman, Big Black etc, Meshuggah, Acid Bath, Kate Bush, Eels, Neurosis, Quietly, Wolves in the Throne Room, Gang Gang Dance, Virus, Harvey Milk, St. Vitus, The Shins, Pantera, Van Der Graaf Generator, Kyuss, Deathspell Omega, They Might Be Giants, Weedeater, Furze, Slapp Happy, Dead Raven Choir, Magma, Fad Gadget, Neurosis, Master Musicians of Bukakke, Code, Sleep, The Enid, Ocean, Guapo, Devo, Unsane, Moss, Desaparecidos, Slint, Nektar, Electric Wizard, The Jesus Lizard, The Birthday Party, Brutal Truth, Rabit Rabit, Chrome Hoof, Corrupted, Silver Apples, Egg, Old man gloom, Nomeansno, The Flock, Acid Mothers Temple, Grey Daturas, Moon Dog, Glass Jaw, Frank Zappa, Deerhoof, This Heat, Camberwell now, The Sound, Home, The Marz Volta, Oceansize, 90 Day Men, Godflesh, Burning Witch, Leonard Nimoy, Notorious Hi-Fi Killers, The A.M., Biffy Clyro, Gong, Clor, The Futureheads, Tom Waits, Grails, Wein, Thee More Shallows, High on fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Gang of Four, TV on the Radio, Atavist, Night Sun, Harvestman, Thrones, Iron Monkey,

• 3 weeks later...

I never heard of them til late last year.. then my guitarist mentioned that Alex Lifeson loved them.. and then I bought a ticket to see them earlier this year whilst buying asia tickets online, decided not to make any effort to see or hear what they are about to make seeing them for the first time a bit more fun.
Saw them on friday..
I have a new favourite band...
If you,ve not heard them then do yourself a great favour and go see..
Got a copy of 'The Incident' yesterday and still haven,t stopped playing it.
As for 'time flies'.. Aahhhhh!!!...

[quote name='wizbat' post='623228' date='Oct 11 2009, 04:57 PM']As for 'time flies'.. Aahhhhh!!!...[/quote]
I think it's one of the best songs I've ever heard. Love it.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='597711' date='Sep 13 2009, 09:24 PM']The band is Rose Kemp - [url="http://www.myspace.com/rosekemp"]http://www.myspace.com/rosekemp[/url][/quote]
Who's father of course is (Steeleye Span's) Rick Kemp, a pretty damn fine bass player himself.

Saw them in Leeds last Thursday. I thought £27.50 + £2.75 booking fee was a bit steep though.
They always sound great live , seen so many bands recently where the PA/sound was pants , usually all kick and a boomy bass end.
You would think with all the tech advances in sound gear it would get better.