Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V-Type 4x8 Combo..SOLD SOLD SOLD

overwater#1

Hey guys,

I'm gutted to even consider parting with this awesome piece of kit, but unfortunately, needs must.

I'll update this thread tomorrow evening with pictures, full details and specification.

Its a phenomenal piece of kit, totally reliable. Great sound, and I have used with my 1x15 cab, to give the most awesome sound! Really full and punchy! On its own, its a great amp, cuts through well, and surprisingly full and warm sound, very very good!!!

I have now bought an AccuGroove cab to go with my MarkBass head, so am sorted with regards to a main rig now. I have a spare rig, so this is only going to get occasional use and playing at home etc. I am not really bothered about selling, it's great, and I love having it, but if someone really fancies it... I could do with another bass more than owning this amp. I'd trade or do a deal with a bass. Looking for any quality fretless basses, vintage Fenders (could add some cash), or ERBs, or something interesting and high quality.

Particularly looking for a Jazz bass at the moment, something I could really do with. Or a fretless bass of any kind..!!!! Can do money your way! :)

Still for sale!! Based near Blackpool... welcome to call round and try!!

More details below...

Cheers!

Best wishes,

Matt :rolleyes:

Edited by overwater#1

Sorry mate, like I said at the top.. I'll be back on tomorrow after work with more info and pictures for you.
Cheers,
Matt

Puts out about 300W, four 8" speakers. Standard Trace VType pre-amp, very user friendly, easy to use! Excellent condition! Its on the right of my profile pic... More soon. Matt

Edited by overwater#1

A fine fine combo, this. Needs a forklift to move it, mind... :lol:

Plus Matt is a fine person to deal with :)

[size=1](for those who don't know, I sold him this combo about a year ago...)[/size]

EDIT:

a few more specs to help Matt out:

280W RMS into 4 ohms, Bipolar Bear power board
2 valve preamp with passive "Fender" tone stack like the LH500/LH1000 sports, though the TE version has a couple of extras (deep switch and mid shift)
4x8" Celestion speakers (8 ohm load)
About 3 tonnes (Kidding. IIRC it's 6.5 stone)
Green

:rolleyes:

Edited by Merton

Hey Mert, Hope you're well mate! Gutted to be looking at seeing this go, just been using it, cracking bit of kit! Might have second thoughts...

It isn't 'that' heavy I don't think... Not horrendous, it ain't light however! Proper locking castors are fitted, courtesy of Mr Merton, and work a treat!

I finish work a bit earlier tomorrow, probs due to starting earlier, so I will get some pictures on! It's in pretty much mint condition, very tidy!

All specs are there then really, anything else, PM me!

Any interesting trades, i'm open to any ideas! Ideally I want a Markbass head, and a lightweight, top quality cab, favourably a 2x10. Or combo. Anything Schroeder, Epi, Berg, Accu, Tech.. Even just trade p/ex for the cab, I can go buy an LMIII. Whatever. Or a nice 2x10 combo, part ex for a Metro, that Mesa 2x10 looks nice as an opt. I know in my head what i'm after, just open to ideas...

Or on the other hand, someone can buy it! :rolleyes:

Any interest, PM with no hesitation, I don't bite..... :)

[quote name='Merton' post='593800' date='Sep 9 2009, 01:00 PM']A fine fine combo, this. Needs a forklift to move it, mind... :lol:

Plus Matt is a fine person to deal with :lol:

[size=1](for those who don't know, I sold him this combo about a year ago...)[/size]

EDIT:

a few more specs to help Matt out:

280W RMS into 4 ohms, Bipolar Bear power board
2 valve preamp with passive "Fender" tone stack like the LH500/LH1000 sports, though the TE version has a couple of extras (deep switch and mid shift)
4x8" Celestion speakers (8 ohm load)
About 3 tonnes (Kidding. IIRC it's 6.5 stone)
Green

:lol:[/quote]

Hey Shaun, Great to hear from you mate! Hope you're well! Yeah, let me know if you've any gigs, or if you're free one day. I'm staying at home for another year before college, working full time at Somerfield in Poulton, not bad, easy beer tokens... haha! Concentrating on my bass trombone work really, busy playing! Fancy another VType? You know it's tempting! I still have the Wal btw... call round sometime, or we'll meet up! I'll pm more, and my number! :)

[quote name='overwater#1' post='594394' date='Sep 9 2009, 11:19 PM']Hey Shaun, Great to hear from you mate! Hope you're well! Yeah, let me know if you've any gigs, or if you're free one day. I'm staying at home for another year before college, working full time at Somerfield in Poulton, not bad, easy beer tokens... haha! Concentrating on my bass trombone work really, busy playing! Fancy another VType? You know it's tempting! I still have the Wal btw... call round sometime, or we'll meet up! I'll pm more, and my number! :)[/quote]

You too Matt, hope you're keeping well. I wish I did have some gigs: I'm beginning to think I've clanged my last live E :rolleyes: . Glad to hear you're playing a lot; you'll have to let me know when you're playing. Oh, and I still need to have a go of that Wal. :lol:

Ah, much as I like the V-type, my back doesn't unfortunately. That was the reason I got rid in the first place; it was just the wrong height for me to be bending to with a prolapsed disc. Great combo though, punchy as hell. Sounded fantastic with my old Warwick Dolphin and my 2nd JD.

Have a bump!

Gutted to see you having to do this Matt!

I should have my shuttle/Barefaced rig finished soon so your welcome to come and have a play with that before you make any decisions! Also got a Stagg EDB which is GREAT fun! Still got my number? Do i feel a little blackpool meet and greet coming along?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ste! Hows things mate? Sounds a sweet rig, thats the kinda thing i'm aiming for now... Keeping the heavy AH400SMX rig. After MarkBass really, or any other ideas..

Will meet up sometime!! I'm doing some shows soon in Lytham, few jobs... need to organise a NW bass bash in fact!! Got your number :rolleyes:

Pics soon, held back as thought I had a deal with a friend. Open to offers, and trades. :)

It was packed very well with that really thick bubble wrap with the huge bubbles and thick cardboard. Courier was glad to get rid of it cos it was so heavy compared to his usual deliveries of point of sale for shops etc. I can't remember which courier company delivered it.

For anyone who doesn't know, I bought a 1x15" V-type combo from Tinman and before that it was Merton's (Nash's before that)

If this is half as good as what I have, then its still going to be the dogs sloblock. If I didn't have the 1x15" I would've bought this by now. In fact, if I didn't have the 2103H to go with the 1x15" combo I would be buying it and running the two combos together.

This is exactly what I imagine a valve amp should sound like without the expense of having the expense of changing power tubes. It has a nice amount of grit and overdrive if you want to push the valves a bit but can very warm and full sounding if you back off a bit.

Its really easy to get into the amp if you want to change the preamp tubes - 4 screws on the top and it just slides out. Discovered mine has Marshall branded ones inside it!

Just done a very rough estimate on the combo being 70x80x60 and 50kg cos I can't find the exact measurements - comes in at £20.37 including vat for next day delivery.

as long as they can move it they'll deliver it - the one that delivered mine had a truck with a taillift and a trolley to wheel it to my door.

I'm sure that the Shuttle's have rubys in them - meant to be the best balance of sound quality and reliability

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Delberthot' post='616182' date='Oct 4 2009, 03:15 AM']Just done a very rough estimate on the combo being 70x80x60 and 50kg cos I can't find the exact measurements - comes in at £20.37 including vat for next day delivery.

as long as they can move it they'll deliver it - the one that delivered mine had a truck with a taillift and a trolley to wheel it to my door.[/quote]
Blimey, good work!

• 2 weeks later...