Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage One

LukeFRC

Hi!

I'm sticking my warwick streamer up for sale.
I bought it about 16 months ago from Warwickhunt. I have to say I didn't grow to love it for a while, and only recently started using it over my JV P bass for some things. It sounds great and is really articulate and easy to play around on, I think this must be from the era where Warwick made small necks, compared to a P bass its narrower and similar deepness.

Seasoned observers may have seen me stick this up for sale along with a Jap Fender a while back so I could get my JV. The Fender went and I kept this. The only reason I'm selling it now is that I managed to find a september 1991 streamer in natural. There's not much to choose between them, this blue one is in a lot better condition and my head thinks its probably actually better, but my heart prefers the natural one so here we are.

Blue warwick streamer (stage one) bass, made in Germany in march 1991. Evverything works as you would expect it to, brass just-a-nut, 2 band active electronics, MEC pickups, new set of status hotwires... Not sure what else to say, it's in good condition with very little fret ware. I'm guessing most folk will know what this bass is and how it sounds. Oh yeah, its a pretty blue colour.
Warwick's website tell me a new one will cost you £3000! I would prefer an old one over a new one any day. :)

I'm in edinburgh, you're welcome to come have a play if you're near. If you're not I can sell you a decent hardcase to ship it in if you need, or if theres some element of a swap going on ill lend you a hard case!
oh and I'll throw in a set of schaller strap locks for free too.

I would prefer a sale to a swap, I just paid for the other streamer I have! However if you have a cheap (or interesting) bass you want to add to some money, try me.
not including a case or postage...
If you want to offer a swap and money try me.

Anyway PM me any offers,

thanks

Luke

Edited by LukeFRC

International sales would not be my first choice but it would be possible.
We would have to figure out trust worthy delivery firms and if it were actually worth it for you with the postage on top. I would guess the EU would be worth it, esp with the strong euro against the pound.

Mate are you able to get me a shipping quote (through whoever you could find - not sure of British couriers).
19 Banksia Rd
Risdonvale
Tasmania
Australia
Postal code 7016.
I might be able to lower the asking price for my bass to move it faster if the shipping is Ok.
Thanks for anything you can do.
Jake.

Well today was interesting.
As well as on basschat I stuck it this bass up on gumtree (advertised for a higher price) this guy is very interested, rings up and we chat, lots of 'whats your lowest price you can do' chat, so tell him, option with a case option without a case. he drives from an adjacent town to come have a look at it. apparently as it is so damaged with dents on it (you can see them in the pictures) he doesnt want it. Goes away- then starts trying to talk me down via text, 'aw ill do it for £xxx', oh 'all do it for £xxx and throw in a squier' and that.
The fact is if he had made me towards his last offer to start with I would have taken it happily!
As it is it's just a bit annoying, maybe on gumtree folk barter more but it's just a daft, it has no concept of how much the thing is possibly worth. It seems like some wierd capitalist form of polite bullying.
Thing is I am a stubbon obstonant person, and maybe importantly don't actually need the money at the moment. I was chatting to my wee brother and think I may lend it to him. (I tell the guy 'sorry but no, my brother is going to be taking it', he still then ups his bid... scheesh, he wasnt a very good player either!)

It all makes me realise how nice and respectful of each other we are on here! The worst ive had with folk here is someone giving me a daft low offer to which I said no. It's nice we respect each other. It's been an honour to be offered a trade on some of the basses I've been offered!

Anyway, I bought this bass as warwickhunt had it for sale and i loved the look of it, sold my status shark bass (the one doing the rounds on here), saved up (working on minimum wage at that point) and then pestered him (he had decided to keep it at that point) until he sold it to me.
It is an amazing bass, the only reason I have it up for sale is as I found a natural wood one (sept 1991) which I prefer the sound too. The natural one was cheap enough that I don't need the money at the moment, and as such I'm taking ol' bluey down from sale for now. I'll hang on to it untill the time I need the cash, for a car or engagement ring or food or whatever.
However, this is basschat, and most of you are good people; so as I did to warwickhunt, feel free to pester me if you want to cross my palm with silver and take ol' bluey out for a ride every night.
Cheers
Luke

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='594398' date='Sep 9 2009, 11:35 PM']Well today was interesting.
As well as on basschat I stuck it this bass up on gumtree (advertised for a higher price) this guy is very interested, rings up and we chat, lots of 'whats your lowest price you can do' chat, so tell him, option with a case option without a case. he drives from an adjacent town to come have a look at it. apparently as it is so damaged with dents on it (you can see them in the pictures) he doesnt want it. Goes away- then starts trying to talk me down via text, 'aw ill do it for £xxx', oh 'all do it for £xxx and throw in a squier' and that.
The fact is if he had made me towards his last offer to start with I would have taken it happily!
As it is it's just a bit annoying, maybe on gumtree folk barter more but it's just a daft, it has no concept of how much the thing is possibly worth. It seems like some wierd capitalist form of polite bullying.
Thing is I am a stubbon obstonant person, and maybe importantly don't actually need the money at the moment. I was chatting to my wee brother and think I may lend it to him. (I tell the guy 'sorry but no, my brother is going to be taking it', he still then ups his bid... scheesh, he wasnt a very good player either!)

It all makes me realise how nice and respectful of each other we are on here! The worst ive had with folk here is someone giving me a daft low offer to which I said no. It's nice we respect each other. It's been an honour to be offered a trade on some of the basses I've been offered!

Anyway, I bought this bass as warwickhunt had it for sale and i loved the look of it, sold my status shark bass (the one doing the rounds on here), saved up (working on minimum wage at that point) and then pestered him (he had decided to keep it at that point) until he sold it to me.
It is an amazing bass, the only reason I have it up for sale is as I found a natural wood one (sept 1991) which I prefer the sound too. The natural one was cheap enough that I don't need the money at the moment, and as such I'm taking ol' bluey down from sale for now. I'll hang on to it untill the time I need the cash, for a car or engagement ring or food or whatever.
However, this is basschat, and most of you are good people; so as I did to warwickhunt, feel free to pester me if you want to cross my palm with silver and take ol' bluey out for a ride every night.
Cheers
Luke[/quote]

Such a shame when you have a bad experience over a 'potential' sale Luke but rest assured someone will see the sense in buying Bluey! :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='594398' date='Sep 9 2009, 11:35 PM']Well today was interesting.

Cheers
Luke[/quote]

Good for you Luke. This sort of technique has been around since buying and selling began, but it seems to have been stepped up quite a bit lately as buyers test sellers to see if the seller is a victim of the current economy or not. I just had a situation that was sort of related to the same issue. I recently decided to sell a few of my basses, not because I need the money, but because I wanted to clear some space in my house. I'd spoken with one chap a few weeks about one of the basses, and he was very excited about the instrument, but did the old "oh, I'm so poor, no money at present" routine, and all went quiet. A few days back, he offered me 1/2 of my asking price for the bass (note that the original price wasn't some grand adventure in profiteering, I'd researched it quite well, and made sure it was very competitive). To be honest, it could've gone two ways for me, I could've been very offended, or I could've just laughed, and fortunately I felt the second way. I wrote back and asked why I would silly enough to cut my price in half, but thanked him for the offer anyway.

Seriously, I'm glad you stuck to your guns on this, even if he did make a decent offer.

in scotland theres not really much good secondhand stuff floating around I've seen (except on basschat) so apart from the one I bought last week I doubt you will see many old warwicks about.
Fair enough if he is all about having perfect condition basses and didn't want it. But to say he didn't want it, then offer me less for it? It makes no real sense.

I should have realised he was a funny'un when he looks at my bass amp (Hughes and Kettner quantum 600 into old style tech 2x12) and asks "is that a bass amp?" in a kinda what is that rubbish you're plugging me into way. The answer to his question would have been in the bright blue glowing 'quantum bass technology' panel!
oh well

[quote name='budget bassist' post='596118' date='Sep 11 2009, 10:34 PM']nice one, i reckon he was just trying to get you to lower your price by going away and making it look like you'd lost a potential sale, when in fact he was probably willing to pay the full price all along, he just wanted to take his bait. Maybe.[/quote]

yeah think so. he certainly upped his bid when i told him i wasn't bothered and would just give it to my brother! I'm happy, ive sold a bass and replaced it with with a better ( i think) version from the same year for half the price :)