Why become a member? ×

PASS IT ON: Guy Pratt - My Bass and other animals

elom

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='102639' date='Dec 11 2007, 12:32 PM']Or in edinburgh

:)

Working my way through it just now.

I am not sure who gets it next. How does it work, is it reply to this topic or who pm's me first?

G[/quote]

If it's reply to your post then it's me - drop me a PM and I'll reply with a postal address.

PM on it's way as well.

Chris.

My original idea at the start was that when you'd finished you would post that it was available and the first PM you got in response to that would secure it. The list seems to have a got a bit tricky to manage so you may want to think of that as an option.

Really gratifying to see that the book is still in circulation and going well. If I'd thought early on I would have suggested that we each inscribe it!

elom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='elom' post='62904' date='Sep 19 2007, 10:44 PM']Yes this is the recent book by famous bassist Guy Pratt - part autobiography, part musical history, part stand-up comedy. A great book that you will read from cover to cover in no time because you wont be able to put it down. This is the hardback version, it was only published a few months ago and I'm giving it away.

The first person to PM me with their address will get it.

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bass-Other-Animals-Guy-Pratt/dp/0752876317/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/202-4611521-9577430?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190241135&sr=8-1"]Amazon Review is here[/url]

Oh, did I mention that there are some [i]terms and conditions[/i]? :)

First up, this is not your book. It's a communal book now. Once you've read it you must post it back on this thread to be passed on to the next person who wants it. Oh and if you've not read it inside a month then pass it on anyway slowcoach.

Erm, that's it![/quote]

I have Guy's book! I bought it and finished it in two days too.
it's very funny...
The Coverdale quote: 'These are dark days indeed for a cocksman!'

Please add me to the list too?

You won't believe this: my daughter was doing some PR at the Edinburgh Festival last year for a number of comedy acts including GP. She rang me and said who she was working for and she asked him for a signed copy for me... still waiting! So near yet so far!

Edited by yorks5stringer

• 1 month later...

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='171789' date='Apr 7 2008, 09:35 PM']Guys, I am sorry. Was meant to go to stonecoldbass but, having not seen him in a while I totally forgot i even had this, let alone still had to pass it on.

I am sorry. A total mind blank.

So, who wants it? Is it a first to PM me?[/quote]

Am I first, if so would like it please!

Keith

Edited by yorks5stringer

• 3 weeks later...