Why become a member? ×

Hard case for Gibson grabber

cocco

Hey guys. I'm after a hardcase of some description capable of housing a Gibson grabber in the snuggest manner possible. Anyone got any ideas? I have rectangle hardcases for my fenders but the old dear is a bit to wide to fit into one and her slim body means an unforgivabe ammount of pressure is put on the neck. Am I looking at a custom build here or is there a miraculous answer to my problem? Let me know :)

I ended up with a custom full flight case for my Ripper - this was back in the day and was necessary for constant gigging. The bass still lives in it and I had the case re-foamed a couple of years ago. There are extra-large (wide) cases around and a little extra padding should suffice for the slender body. I know that Gibson and Epiphone have offered re-issue Rippers and I'm fairly sure that Epiphone provided a case - it's probably worth contacting an Epiphone dealer. A full flight case will be expensive and they're monstrously heavy. My case weighs around 25lbs without the bass.

I had a similar problem. Discovered that one of our foam-filled, circular garden chair cushions lifted the body enough to prevent pressure on the neck. And the cloth cover protected the body from any possible reaction between the foam and the nitro finish.

Haven't informed herself of this yet. She think's there's a cushion-thief in the 'hood.