Why become a member? ×

Gone Pending Ibanez Custom Shop fiver

nobodysprefect

Since this one doesn't get played nearly enough, I might as well offer it up for trade. It's a lovely bass, the BTB-style construction looks classy and the playability is really nice. Mahogany body, maple top, maple neck with pau ferro fretboard (I think) which is a classic combo for a reason. This bass has Bartolini pickups and a piezo system, both of which have individual tone and volume controls. So the bass is really versatile. I just play my pair of Skjolds when I want a natural, full tone now, and this bass stays at home... Which is a damn shame.

Got this from flychris and it's made in Ibanez Custom Shop which, unlike the Fender custom shop, isn't open for business apart from building for endorsers and the like. Excellent tone woods, superb neck stability and a really pretty quilt maple top. As an 'ungettable' bass this one's something of a collectible.

October edit:

I'd like a SR5 if there's anyone who'd like a bit more versatility than that old warhorse provides. Or a Fender Jazz V, ideally roscoe beck V (haha, one can dream eh?)

But I'd be happy to consider any trade offers. It's pretty hard to put a cash price on this one, had a cash offer from Finland of about 700 pounds but now he sent me an SMS saying he needs the money for bills and is selling his current bass in the Finnish muso forum.

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 4 weeks later...