Why become a member? ×

Oh sh*t, Here comes Cocco

cocco

Hey all,

My boy BT linked me to this forum so after reading a few bits i joined straight away.

For arguments sake my name is Cocco. Im from cardiff(ish). I play bass in a band called Caesars Rome (www.mypsace.com/caesarsrome) and I am a traditionalist, and a firm believer in simplicity. I play generally with a pick altho use my fingers on occasion for certain tones.

My gear goes like this

Gibson Grabber (single pickup original 70 something)
MIJ 60s jazz bass sporting custom made pickups by shed of cardiff and badass II bridge
MIM 60th anniv edition p-bass
Peavey T-40
Ampeg SVT Classic
Ampeg classic series 8x10
sans-amp
boss tu-2
Roto swing bass 45-105 strings
dunlop .96 picks

I have a pretty basic playing style, I play the song rather than the instrument, I think thats the way it should be.

Ive always wanted a Ricky 3001 but to this day i cant find one anywhere :)

Welcome Cocco - hope you enjoy the forum :) That's a well thunderous rig you've got there and a nice range of axes to go with.

Yes, the 3001. IMO, the handsome-est of all the Ricks, though many might disagree. There was one for sale in Canada earlier this year - only $1100 (Canadian) - quite a reasonable price. Why not stick an ad in the 'wanted' section here on BC; someone might have one to unload...

Have a good time here

Skank

Edited by skankdelvar