Why become a member? ×

What's The Cheesiest Song You Play?

Hot Tub

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='579380' date='Aug 24 2009, 06:53 PM']I guess mine is probably the Status Quo version of "Safety Dance". Closely followed by Girls Aloud's "Walk This Way".

What's yours?

:)[/quote]
The band I play in , doesn't play cheese , apart from maybe 'Turning Japanese' , or 'Crazy Horses' if the mood suits at the end . But , I used to do a lot of function band work , and the list is endless - 'Four strong wins' by Gallager & Lyle , 'Birdies song'-truely dreadful Holiday camp memories , 'Through the Barracades by Spandeau , '3 times a lady / Hello both Lionel Richie , I mean I could go on but I feel a depression coming on .

We've filtered out most of the cheese these days, due to a change of singers about two and a half years ago, but "Valerie" still gets a look in now and again. But the band I was in 10 years ago, we had two female singers, and one of the tunes we used to do was (I'm really struggling even typing this...) "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls. Yes, that's right, the Spice Girls. Doesn't matter how many times I say it, it doesn't get any easier...

Do I win...?

Edited by Grant

[quote name='Captain Bassman' post='579942' date='Aug 25 2009, 10:30 AM']Erm, It's Not Unusual by the Jonester...segued straight into Just Help Yourself by the same Welsh crooner.

Someone once made a request, people danced and they've stayed in the set ever since. AAAAAGGGHH!! Just awful!!

I'll get me coat...[/quote]

Yes cheesy, but sort of cool in a camp way and the crowd love it.

[quote name='Grant' post='582495' date='Aug 27 2009, 02:43 PM']We've filtered out most of the cheese these days, due to a change of singers about two and a half years ago, but "Valerie" still gets a look in now and again. But the band I was in 10 years ago, we had two female singers, and one of the tunes we used to do was (I'm really struggling even typing this...) "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls. Yes, that's right, the Spice Girls. Doesn't matter how many times I say it, it doesn't get any easier...

Do I win...?[/quote]

Yes, but you don't get the £5.00 prize.