Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB112... WOW...

BigBassBob

Great, because I wont have a car next year, i may have to use the train to some gigs, so the weight was the only issue really, for any gigs like this it would only be one anyway, so it these sound ideal!
Just got to try one out properly now!

Edited by Pkomor

[quote name='Pkomor' post='630753' date='Oct 19 2009, 08:44 PM']Great, because I wont have a car next year, i may have to use the train to some gigs, so the weight was the only issue really, for any gigs like this it would only be one anyway, so it these sound ideal!
Just got to try one out properly now![/quote]

Ooooh not sure I'd like to transport a DB112 to a gig via train, especially as I assume you'd need to also carry a small amp and a bass! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='630794' date='Oct 19 2009, 09:16 PM']Ooooh not sure I'd like to transport a DB112 to a gig via train, especially as I assume you'd need to also carry a small amp and a bass! :)[/quote]

Yeah, hopefully something small that could go in my bass gigbag...
I know it wouldn't be easy, but as long as it would be possible!

[quote name='Pkomor' post='630843' date='Oct 19 2009, 10:15 PM']Yeah, hopefully something small that could go in my bass gigbag...
I know it wouldn't be easy, but as long as it would be possible![/quote]

Possible... but sorry not comfortable or likely! :)

The DB112 is a great cab and not a monster for weight but unless you 'pump iron' or are built like a proverbial brick sh*thouse, I'd not recommend travelling by train/tube carrying the cab [u]by itself[/u] let alone with a bass and/or amp!

Guest johnzgerman

[quote name='51m0n' post='580443' date='Aug 25 2009, 05:09 PM']Every Ashdown product I've heard so far has been garbage IMO.

Am I the only one?[/quote]

all the ashdown gear ive ever tried was mainly pants, but it is very cheap.

I ended up going for the DB112's after a shoot out with several smaller cabs. I was totally blown away with them. I was using an Eden Metro combo with 2 x 10 ext cab before and was worried that I would lose the tone and volume needed by going down this route. I gotta say the Aguilar product is outstanding.

J

[quote name='JTUK' post='577807' date='Aug 22 2009, 08:42 PM']Thanks.. I have heard about the scooped mids and I think I can live with that...[/quote]

I put Eminence DeltaLite 12 SeriesII woofers into mine and it took care of the mid scoop instantly.
....and they are much lighter now!

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='601409' date='Sep 17 2009, 04:56 PM']sorry I criticised your colour, mate, but 3 stacked together just looks great! I bet it sounds great as well. Well envious. (Thinks to self.....mmm, need 3 in White Hot....)[/quote]

Well, I have a 3rd GS112 coming in from pbass67. I will power it with a Mesa Fathom (M6).

• 2 months later...

[quote name='gillento' post='632618' date='Oct 21 2009, 04:58 PM']Well, I have a 3rd GS112 coming in from pbass67. I will power it with a Mesa Fathom (M6).[/quote]

Just to add my two pennuth. I'm using an LMK with 1 x Markbass 2x10 and 1 x GS112. Only got a old P bass atm but hoping for a jazz soon.

It's a brilliant sound, but a bit light on grunt but that's proabaly the P bass. I've tried the LMK with each cab seperatley and if I had to use only one cab it would be the GS112, the MB doesn't cut it at all.

I'm thinking of selling the MB 2x10 for another GS112, what do you reckon?

• 7 years later...
On 9/14/2009 at 18:16, SisterAbdullahX said:

Ah, but you're not me. Or my mate. You may be after a completely different sound or may play completely differently. Having said that, I didn't like the cabs anyway, even singly.

That'll be you told, then.

Ha ha..........!  I really felt that crackle of tension too.....!  Perhaps they had the same girlfriend??