Why become a member? ×

My band Maya29's new album

Bassassin

I've just updated the Maya29 Myspace page with a medley of tracks from our forthcoming album,[i] The Fifth Sun[/i]. Which is, to be blunt, a concept album. About Aztecs.

There's still some work to be done on the album but the excerpts (roughly a minute from each song) I think give a taste of what we're getting at.

I've also uploaded a couple of curiosities - covers we've never played live, one of which features some fretless playing that didn't make me cringe anything like as much as I thought it might!

[url="http://www.myspace.com/maya29band"]http://www.myspace.com/maya29band[/url]

Jon.

Edited by Bassassin

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='574605' date='Aug 19 2009, 07:17 PM']You already know what the Tinnie household think of this. Keep up the good work! :)

We [b]will[/b] haul our sorry arses up to Edinbugger to see you sometime! :rolleyes:[/quote]
Be lovely if you did - but to be honest we'd far sooner play somewhere in your vicinity, we always like to get out & about and play to new people.

Hometown gigs are frequently more of a necessity than a pleasure. Wonder if I'm unusual in finding that?

J.

[quote name='Weird War' post='576163' date='Aug 20 2009, 10:25 PM']Excellent stuff, Jon, the new album sounds very promising. May we safely assume that a quality array of Japcrap is wielded during your live show?[/quote]
Usually just the one! The recorded stuff was mostly the Ibanez RS924 Roadster (weighs a ton but records wonderfully) with guest appearances from the Frankenbugger & refurbed Cimar XR2065. Which I keep thinking about selling, but then change my mind when I hear how good it sounds!

J.