Why become a member? ×

1966 Fender Mustang - SOLD years ago...

99ster

Time has come to 'thin the herd' (my '65 Jazz went to a new home last week)...

Here we have an all original [b]1966 Fender Mustang bass[/b] in Dakota Red finish - complete with a pristine OHSC.
It's 43 years old - so obviously has some signs of wear (most notably on the decal - which sometime happens with old Fenders as the water-slide decal was only protected with a very thin top coat of varnish) & some minor corrosion on the chrome of the tuners - but otherwise is in great condition.
Plays great & has a lovely rich old tone... Only selling this beauty because I have too many basses & we're in the process of moving house - so some of them have got to go... :|

Plenty of other pictures which I can email to you if you're interested. And please ask if you have any questions!

[b]£900[/b] - would obviously prefer cash on collection (I live very close to J10 M40) - but can ship if needed...
Would also be happy to trade for something/anything interesting (currently looking for a Gibson Thunderbird)!

[attachment=30644:66_musta...ll_front.jpg]

[attachment=30645:66_musta...ull_back.jpg]

[attachment=30647:66_musta...dy_angle.jpg]

[attachment=30646:66_mustang_cased.jpg]

Edited by 99ster

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='575295' date='Aug 20 2009, 11:14 AM']Looks nice! And a great price to get someone into genuine vintage Fender territory.
Thats the thing about 60s fenders, they aint making 'em anymore.

BB[/quote]

Thanks BB - you're right it is a great price for a sweet old bass...
:)

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='575835' date='Aug 20 2009, 05:31 PM']Not a short scale player but probably should be being a bit on the titchy side - is it a 30" or a 32"

BB[/quote]

It's a 30" scale - and a proper nitro finish as it's a 1966.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='575916' date='Aug 20 2009, 06:42 PM']Lovely bass. :)[/quote]

Thanks Steve!
It is indeed & I always enjoyed the look on people's faces when they hear the sound that comes out of it - great big fat tone. It was a Mustang just like this that Hendrix used to play the bass part on All Along The Watchtower.... :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...