Why become a member? ×

Ex-drummer trying bass......

TATTOODEVIL

Morning all. I've been playing drums and lead guitar (not very well......) for 20 years but have decided to give bass a try as I'm sick of lugging my drums about in the car! Also, my lead playing is very limited which was another factor in trying the bass.

I've just bought a Peavey Milestone 3 bass and a Torque T1001EB amp for £130 and it's a lovely set up. My average lead skills have transferred straight over to bass so I can get by with most tracks, just need to learn to keep the lead breaks under control!! :)

[quote name='TATTOODEVIL' post='563990' date='Aug 9 2009, 08:34 AM'][i]Mine's[/i] scary? LOL.

It's just my fight face, I'm a pussy cat really :rolleyes:

I'll get one of my kids to take a nice one later, just for you! :lol:[/quote]

Either way, good to have a drummer here. Should improve our timekeeping :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='leschirons' post='571096' date='Aug 16 2009, 09:47 PM']In about two years time after you've got hooked on the gear and bought a couple of Ampeg 8x10's and a couple of heads, you'll wish you'd stayed with the drums.

Welcome.[/quote]

backed

• 3 months later...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=69416&pid=672539&st=0&#entry672539"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry672539[/url]

if you want to return to your drumming ways and need a kit of somesort.

WELCOME! im also new here but yea, everyones really nice.

[quote name='leschirons' post='571096' date='Aug 16 2009, 09:47 PM']In about two years time after you've got hooked on the gear and bought a couple of Ampeg 8x10's and a couple of heads, you'll wish you'd stayed with the drums.

Welcome.[/quote]

Hmmm...

That reminds me of the days when I used to have an Ampeg 8x10 and live in a first floor flat with no lift - I used to have to lug the bleeder up a metal staircase...

For each step upwards I had to adopt the posture, technique and facial expression of one of those weightlifter geezers you see on TV.