Why become a member? ×

If you could have just *one* Fender...

David Nimrod

I havn't read the above posts cos i'm in a rush, so apologies if this has been said before.

Pick up a 2nd hand American Jazz bass with S1 switching, probly cost you about £500 - £600.
The S1 switch changes the neck pickup between series and parrallel, giving you Jazz tones when off and Precision tones when on!

Nice

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='9361' date='May 30 2007, 05:54 PM']I havn't read the above posts cos i'm in a rush, so apologies if this has been said before.

Pick up a 2nd hand American Jazz bass with S1 switching, probly cost you about £500 - £600.
The S1 switch changes the neck pickup between series and parrallel, giving you Jazz tones when off and Precision tones when on!

Nice

Si[/quote]

+1

I agree - get one for the best of both worlds.

By the way, don't go for the Precision with the S1 switching, Ive got one and I'm still trying to work out why it's there...... all it seems to do is give you a thin sound similar to a (very) cheap P Bass copy - or is it just me?

Cheers,

Mart.

Edited by woodenshirt

Or...............a good US Jazz body, with a Status Graphite neck and Hipshot tuners. Then maybe swap the pickups for Barts or EMG's. Put in a Aggie preamp. Badass 3 bridge. Then take it up to Jon at Shukerville and have a nice exotic wood topped body made for it.

Just joking, luv 'em meself. especially the nice high quality ones made in China.

Edited by martthebass

• 3 weeks later...