Why become a member? ×

Markbass CMD102P

I bought this new from Electromusic 3 weeks ago - it's the brand new version with the LMIII head in it. I went to buy a LM Tube and they didn't have one in stock and when I tried this combo, it sounded great so I bought it for £1099.

I've rehearsed twice and gigged once with it but it's not what I'm looking for and I want to go back to seperates so if anyone is thinking of buying one of these brand new, send me a PM with a sensible offer and save yourself some money.

It's brand spanking new, unmarked, loud and in perfect working order as you'd expect.

Technical blurb;

SPEAKER
2x10"
TWEETER
piezo
BASS PORT
front
IMPEDANCE
8 ohms
SENSITIVITY
101 dB SPL
SPEAKER POWER HANDLING
400W RMS (AES Standard)
AMP OUTPUT POWER
500W @ 4 ohm / 300W @ 8 ohm
FREQUENCY RESPONSE
40 Hz to 18 kHz
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY
3 kHz
WEIGHT
44 lbs / 19.9 kg
HEIGHT
18.9 in. / 47.9 cm
WIDTH
23.4 in. / 59.4 cm
DEPTH
18.7 in. / 47.5 cm
PREAMP
solid state

(Voltage is factory preset according to region of sale)

Trades considered. It looks exactly like this...

Edited by niceguyhomer

Did you try it with a 115 Homer, you just might find it more usuable in that configuration? I'm happy for you to borrow mine for a while to check it out (too many Markbass 115s chez Beedster at present :) )?
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='560891' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:09 AM']Did you try it with a 115 Homer, you just might find it more usuable in that configuration? I'm happy for you to borrow mine for a while to check it out (too many Markbass 115s chez Beedster at present :) )?
Chris[/quote]

Thanks Chris I may well take you up on the offer. There's nothing wrong with the combo TBH - it does a fine job and will suffice for most gigs but I want the flexibility of using different cabs.

TBH I'm not expecting this to sell because I'm not giving it away like I usually do.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='560922' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:49 AM']Thanks Chris I may well take you up on the offer. There's nothing wrong with the combo TBH - it does a fine job and will suffice for most gigs but I want the flexibility of using different cabs.

TBH I'm not expecting this to sell because I'm not giving it away like I usually do.[/quote]

IIRC you can take the head out and either rack it or stick it in a Markbass bag (which is what I have) which would allow you to run a number of combinations (210 alone, 115 alone, 210+115).

C

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='560918' date='Aug 5 2009, 10:46 AM']Master Volume :)[/quote]

I see, it used to be downside in line with the rest of the pots. Now its place has been taken by a line out pot, had to check the official web to figure out.

[quote name='Beedster' post='560929' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:55 AM']IIRC you can take the head out and either rack it or stick it in a Markbass bag (which is what I have) which would allow you to run a number of combinations (210 alone, 115 alone, 210+115).

C[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that MB say you can't do that due to the (lack of ) outer casing Chris. that would have been ideal really.

hi homer.

i know you dont wanna give it away, and i said to you it was out of my budget. but thought i'd let you know that at the moment i can go to £800. i know i'd be stealing it at that price, but thats all i can go to, sorry mate, in a way i hope you get what you want for it, but if not please let me know.
all the best
phil..

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='562116' date='Aug 6 2009, 05:51 PM']Just had it pointed out to me that some idiot is selling these new on ebay for £899 - I clearly should have done my homework before parting with £1100 :rolleyes: Anyway I'm not a registered charity and refuse to lose a wad on this so it is withdrawn - I thang you.[/quote]

Ah man! :)

Its a bugger when you realise prices vary so much.

Enjoy it...it looks wicked.