Why become a member? ×

For Sale - Ricky Copy by Vorg 1973

Loralai

Hi guys....for sale me beloved Ricky copy from 1973, by Vorg. I'm told it's a prime example of 'Jap ~*ap!'

I love it. The pickups could do with a 'service' and it's had the odd tiny knock, but if you're into these you'll love it too.............it's bright yellow and green, a real character, with your classic clunky Ricky sound.

pics on request...I'm looking for £500.

Cheers Chaps!

Laura

[quote name='Loralai' post='560172' date='Aug 4 2009, 01:40 PM']Hi guys....for sale me beloved Ricky copy from 1973, by Vorg. I'm told it's a prime example of 'Jap ~*ap!'

Laura[/quote]
And guess who told her? :rolleyes:

Hi Laura, welcome to BC, and I hope you stick around after you've found a buyer for your very unique & striking Rickenfaker. :)

OK - the bass. I don't know if it's 1973 but I do know it's a Matsumoku, bolt-neck, and very Japanese. Vorg was indeed a sub-brand of Pearl (this actually says "Vorg By Pearl" on the trc) and not particularly common in the UK - it was probably made for the European market, where the brand is more usual.

What can I say about Matsumoku Rick copies? Apart from the bolt-neck, dodgy little bridge pickup and in the case of this one, amazing Radioactive SnotGlo finish, these were the most accurate JapCrap Fakers, in fact most of the through-necks will have been happily passed off as real Ricks for years.

But for the fact I'm skint, already have three, and have no more room for basses, I'd buy this myself.

Jon.

• 2 years later...

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1334246137' post='1613207']
'Beer of the Bass'
Nice! Reminds me of the old Golden Wonder cheese & onion packets :)
MB1. B)
No!... everytime i picked it up, id fancy..." 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps"!
[/quote]

Good old Splogenessabounds

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1334524997' post='1617298']
The CEO of Rickenbacker recently decided to threaten Basschat with legal action if they didn't act to prevent the sale of Ricky copies - absurd, bullying tactics IMO.
[/quote]

Oh yes the rather massive locked post at the top...