Why become a member? ×

buying something on ebay

Howdy! Much as I loathe the above these days, I got a bargain IMHO and
I was automatically taken to Paypal's website and parted with dosh.

Previously,if the buyer or seller were successful in a transaction they would get confirmation emails.I received nothing.
I won the bid as a 'Buy it now' on Saturday .Is this their new idea I wonder?
I know it's only 2 days ago. Do you think I should wait another day, or 'contact seller'?

Any ideas

Cheers

A polite message to the seller is not going to do any harm, is it? Just ask for a progress report on your order, as you have heard nothing so far. However, you should have received an automatic email from eBay right after "winning" (ho ho ho) the auction. The good sellers make contact within 24 hours but many others don't bother.

push for info and be up front about your concerns
you can lodge damaging feedback if you dont get satisfaction

i did this with one buyer who was....going on holiday/buying it for his girlfriend/w.h.y
i posted a no no against his name
he came straight back and did the deal correctly

and got my positive +++ feedback

its a matter of strong and firm friendliness and business argument

let us know...what the outcome
cheers
geof

I bought a Cheap Trick album over a week ago and no communication what-so-ever, despite emails to them after 3/5/7 days; so I lodged a Paypal dispute and within the hour I had contact explaing they had been in hospital (what from the moment the listing ended till 1 hour after dispute initiation), WOW what a coincidence... and very odd that someone using that same account had listed another 20+ albums at various stages that week! :rolleyes:

I'm not saying you should lodge a dispute (you can't any way for 7 days) but as has been stated, friendly and firm (in that order) often gets results but I wouldn't worry just yet. :)

I think the issue isn't that Ray hasn't received the goods, but hasn't received the standard ebay (and presumably paypal) confirmation emails.

Personally I always contact the seller after buying something just to confirm my address. I wouldn't think twice about contacting the guy.

[quote name='Musky' post='559786' date='Aug 3 2009, 11:02 PM']I think the issue isn't that Ray hasn't received the goods, but hasn't received the standard ebay (and presumably paypal) confirmation emails.

Personally I always contact the seller after buying something just to confirm my address. I wouldn't think twice about contacting the guy.[/quote]

My posting above should have been clearer I suppose; I didn't get any communications from the seller or ebay either. I got my receipt from paypal to say that I had paid, which I did regardless of the fact that I hadn't received an invoice!

Update: Seller contacted me ,and sent item via courier (nep?)
They tried today allegedly to deliver. (very quick).
I sent seller My mobile no. We spoke, he seems like a great guy.

I should receive tomorrow.

I let it go ,initially because I won bid on a saturday . (Thought it best to chill out
and let seller enjoy his weekend)

I would've sent him message tonight , but there was no need .

As one of you guys pointed out: I thought it unusual not to get email from either ebay/paypal .

I'll let you know full outcome tomorrow.

Cheers

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

[quote name='JanSpeeltBas' post='560606' date='Aug 4 2009, 08:49 PM']Everything well then?
OT: show us your PJ'd Steinberger - should be a XM4 - recently played a custom Q with PJ's - the ultimate P-sound!!!
and who is CH Guitars? :lol:[/quote]

Hi janspeeltbas :) CH Guitars is a business my friend started up . He's a geordie based ..in Newcastle! :rolleyes:
He sells loads of parts for guitars on the bay .
He used to import guitars from China (now Korea..better quality) Very good replicas .

Regarding the Steiney ,I think mine's called xm3 custom (due to pickups)
Don't think Steinberger know much about their own products to be honest :lol:
Glad you like them . I'm after a trans-trem ..
Also one of their earlier models in Yellow (have seen one on their site) and a white one.

Cheers

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='560669' date='Aug 4 2009, 10:50 PM']Hi janspeeltbas :) CH Guitars is a business my friend started up . He's a geordie based ..in Newcastle! :rolleyes:
He sells loads of parts for guitars on the bay .
He used to import guitars from China (now Korea..better quality) Very good replicas .

Regarding the Steiney ,I think mine's called xm3 custom (due to pickups)
Don't think Steinberger know much about their own products to be honest :lol:
Glad you like them . I'm after a trans-trem ..
Also one of their earlier models in Yellow (have seen one on their site) and a white one.

Cheers[/quote]

Thanks - a loverly Steiny and indeed a XM3 - very rare. Keep us posted when you extend your collection! :lol: