Why become a member? ×

Line6 GX

Skywalker83

Ok, so i know that the Line6 GX can be used as a recording interface. But can it be used like a headphone amp with and aux input, i.e can i play my bass along with an mp.3 or whatever, NOT in a recording situation, just like a practice situation???

E.g, i play a song in iTunes, i hear it through the headphones from the Line6 GX and i also hear my bass too, which is plugged into the GX.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Skywalker83' post='558102' date='Aug 1 2009, 10:01 PM']Ok, so i know that the Line6 GX can be used as a recording interface. But can it be used like a headphone amp with and aux input, i.e can i play my bass along with an mp.3 or whatever, NOT in a recording situation, just like a practice situation???

E.g, i play a song in iTunes, i hear it through the headphones from the Line6 GX and i also hear my bass too, which is plugged into the GX.[/quote]

I owned the UX2 and have the X3 live both of whch can do what you are asking - so yup, I reckon it will also!

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='574656' date='Aug 19 2009, 08:08 PM']sorry to but in but ,I have Toneport GX and think it's great. Unfortunately ,it doesn't record.
Think I need Riffworks. Has anyone used this,and has anyone got a copy (ahem) for sale.? :)[/quote]

I downloaded Audacity and use that to record from the GX, it is freeware so costs nowt.

Get it here: [url="http://audacity.sourceforge.net/"]http://audacity.sourceforge.net/[/url]

[quote name='basskit_case' post='574686' date='Aug 19 2009, 08:28 PM']I downloaded Audacity and use that to record from the GX, it is freeware so costs nowt.

Get it here: [url="http://audacity.sourceforge.net/"]http://audacity.sourceforge.net/[/url][/quote]

Thanks for that,but I tried the trial version of Riffworks and I find it easier. :)

[quote name='leonshelley01' post='574847' date='Aug 19 2009, 10:18 PM']There must be some of those "free" copies of Cubase that came with the Zoom B2.1u floating around. Maybe someone here could pass it on to you.[/quote]

Thanks for that. I've got the cubase,which came with my zoom. Riffworks is part of line6 gearbox :)

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Studio GX and yes I'm able to play along to stuff through it.

A word on Riffworks, personally I think its crap. If you're used to using programs to record stuff you're best off sticking with ableton. The only good thing for me about riffworks is the drum loops so I just record the loop I want then export it into ableton. Ableton is much nicer to use than Riffworks and you get it free with the GX.

Just my 2p.

Edited by AdamWoodBass

[quote name='AdamWoodBass' post='592079' date='Sep 7 2009, 01:33 PM']I use a Studio GX and yes I'm able to play along to stuff through it.

A word on Riffworks, personally I think its crap. If you're used to using programs to record stuff you're best off sticking with ableton. The only good thing for me about riffworks is the drum loops so I just record the loop I want then export it into ableton. Ableton is much nicer to use than Riffworks and you get it free with the GX.

Just my 2p.[/quote]

Thanks for that. :) I'll leave riffworks alone

• 1 month later...