Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, 10th October 2009

silverfoxnik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='622009' date='Oct 9 2009, 08:45 PM']Hi Folks

With not enough takers for set-ups, I've cancelled Graham coming up tomorrow which is a bit of a shame. I didn't think it would be fair for him to trek all the way up there (which for him is about a 100 mile round trip) just to do 1 or 2 set-ups at most..

As reference for next time, are set-ups on the day of a Bash not of much interest then?

Nik[/quote]

I did put my name down for a setup on a previous list - but that still only makes 2 of us - I thought it would be more popular?

[quote name='peted' post='622026' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:06 PM']My littl'un is still ill and my missus is going to need some time off looking after him this weekend. Sorry to let you guys down. Hope you have a great Bass Bash! Remember to take plenty of photos and videos![/quote]
Sorry to hear that and I hope he gets better soon! My son is not well either.. There's loads of bugs around at the moment it seems.

We'll definitely take loads of photos etc and post them up when we get back!

[quote name='alexclaber' post='621385' date='Oct 9 2009, 10:27 AM']Is anyone coming from the east end of London who has the space/inclination to transport a Barefaced Vintage?

Alex[/quote]
Possibly. Whereabouts in East London? I'm coming down the A12 so a detour isn't out of the question.

I though Merton was going to bring a Vintage - I'm very interested in trying one with my Burman.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='622009' date='Oct 9 2009, 08:45 PM']As reference for next time, are set-ups on the day of a Bash not of much interest then?

Nik[/quote]

there was lots of interest in the set up master class earlier in this thread. Is this scheduled to happen?

[quote name='jakesbass' post='621845' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:30 PM']Hi Guys, just a quick request to anyone coming to my workshop, it would be handy for the purposes of demonstration if you could bring a random piece of music (cd or summat) as I would like to play for you guys a piece that I've never heard before in order to demonstrate the importance of ear training. Obviously the chances are that I will have heard some of the things that you may bring but I'll be honest and if I've never played said track before I should be able to show you how quickly a well trained pair of ears can analyse a piece.
Cheers in advance.
Jake[/quote]

Errr I just remembered something dasterdly in my CD collection - you mind if I bring it?? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

[quote name='pete.young' post='622068' date='Oct 9 2009, 10:08 PM']Nic,

Do you still want a passive 5 - I could bring my G&L2500.

Or I might just bring my BB800, to make you realise what a mistake you made :-)

Best, Pete[/quote]
Hi Pete

That'd be great; thought the L2500s were active though? And yes - bring the Yammie!!

Nik

[quote name='51m0n' post='622088' date='Oct 9 2009, 10:28 PM']Errr I just remembered something dasterdly in my CD collection - you mind if I bring it?? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:[/quote]
Feel free, but the point is not to out do me, it's simply to see how quick analysis works. If something is hard it will take me longer but for fun I'm of course willing to give it a go.

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='621344' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:45 AM']I can bring my 3 dongal and a laptop if you guys want?[/quote]

I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw this offer as after an hour of looking around the house for the dongal has proved fruitless I will have another look in the morning just in case.

Damn, b*gger, sod it!!! :)

Got a last minute call-up for a dep gig tonite so I can't come now!

S'pose I should be happy to be out gigging but I was really looking forward to the bash and meeting all you guys.

I missed last year's bash cos of a gig too. This damn hobby of mine keeps getting in the way of Bass Bashes!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry I can't be there but hope you all have a great day. See y'all next year!

CB

[quote name='Captain Bassman' post='622261' date='Oct 10 2009, 09:11 AM']Damn, b*gger, sod it!!! :rolleyes:

S'pose I should be happy to be out gigging but I was really looking forward to the bash and meeting all you guys.

I missed last year's bash cos of a gig too. This damn hobby of mine keeps getting in the way of Bass Bashes!!! :lol:

Anyway, sorry I can't be there but hope you all have a great day. See y'all next year!

CB[/quote]

Bugger, i wanted to play your aggies :)

[quote name='Captain Bassman' post='622261' date='Oct 10 2009, 09:11 AM']Damn, b*gger, sod it!!! :rolleyes:

I missed last year's bash cos of a gig too. This damn hobby of mine keeps getting in the way of Bass Bashes!!! :lol:

CB[/quote]

Pooooo
Was gonna be all over your Sadowsky! :)
See you all in a few hours

Si