Why become a member? ×

81 Ibanez Roadster

redroque

It's my first real bass that I bought in 81. I've gigged it, recorded with it, fallen into drum kits with it, jumped off drum risers with it burying a tuner into the head of the singer (he went down but recovered by the start of the next verse!). It's been on the telly, (on a stand as the band were stopped playing during an interview, not with me!) in local newspapers, [i]didn't[/i] take it to Europe as I didn't want to take it on a plane and on an album that Chrysalis and Arista spent a lot of money on which got shelved. Not the best provenance I grant you but its mine!
I exclusively play a 5 now. No case so probably best exchange in person tho can get the cardboard guitar transport boxes so could courier (would be with citylink as I have an account). A knowledgeable collector says currently worth something between £250 and £350 depending on condition so offers in this area would be good, considerably more would be better :). Pics show odd dings, more (pics not dings) available if required. New experience for me this, selling an instrument! Goes against the grain a bit, the rack is 1/2 empty!

Ibanez RS924 - yours is the twin of mine & I don't think I'll be selling it!

Price range is about right for one of these although [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-1980-Ibanez-Roadster-Bass_W0QQitemZ200367835494"]some people are a tad more ambitious[/url] - and that one's an RS824 - passive electronics & veneered hardwood body, rather than solid ash & active pre.

Jon.