Why become a member? ×

RIM Custom JAZZ bass

BassBalls

Quick upload of the bass before finishing.

[attachment=38555:DSC00718.jpg]

[attachment=38556:DSC00723.jpg]

[attachment=38557:DSC00715_1.jpg]

I didn't make it up to see Robbie today due to problems on public transport. Will hopefully have this bass in my hands early next week.

Edited by BassBalls

The preamp is an Audere JZ3-VB-3B with Vol, mid stacked over balance, treble stacked over bass. Ive got to drill out for a coil tap switch for the MM Pickup still, this will give even more scope to the great sounding preamp. The Z mode switch is a real nice feature, set in the middle postion it acts as a passive sounding bass, towards the bridge in Hign z it cuts well for Slap players and towards the neck it has more lows and a punchy sound.

All in all its a great preamp for $ 129 delivered.

Cheers,

Robbie.

[quote name='RIM Basses' post='688744' date='Dec 18 2009, 10:46 PM']Yep and maybe even a Singlecut Fishtail bolt on[/quote]

:) Excelent! :lol: Would be very interested to see that one come together!

I'd like to see how you do the carving under the top horn, Ive still not figured that detail out yet :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i have a couple more pics for you.

[attachment=39314:RobandhisJAzz001.jpg]

[attachment=39315:RobandhisJAzz002.jpg]

As you can see by the pics im very pleased with the bass. Adding the miniature plastic bags over the tuning pegs are adding more sustain than i could ever imagine so i decided to go against the string through body. :)

Bass is now being 'finished' with nitro on the body and board and an oil on the back of the neck.

[quote name='BassBalls' post='700462' date='Jan 4 2010, 01:59 PM']Hello i have a couple more pics for you.

[attachment=39314:RobandhisJAzz001.jpg]

[attachment=39315:RobandhisJAzz002.jpg]

As you can see by the pics im very pleased with the bass. Adding the miniature plastic bags over the tuning pegs are adding more sustain than i could ever imagine so i decided to go against the string through body. :)

Bass is now being 'finished' with nitro on the body and board and an oil on the back of the neck.[/quote]

That is a thing of beauty.