Why become a member? ×

Spector Legend 4

Grassie

Hey everyone,

So does anyone own, or has owned / played one of these? They look like really nice basses for the money, I've read some reviews on Harmony Central, most are raving about them, but I thought I'd get as many opinions as I can before (possibly) buying one...

Well i've got a rebop, which has almost the same specs. I think it's a great bass, especially for the money, even more so if you can bag one second hand. The bridge system is a bit odd, but apart from that it's awesome, with a good range of sounds available with a quick fiddle of the four nobs, which are bass and treble boosts, and a volume for each pickup.

Obviously people are going to say to go play one yourself, but I hope that was of some help.

Ok, so I'm gonna sound like a bit of a Spector snob here but having owned Korean, European & US built Spectors there''s a huge difference in sound and quality control bteween the various manufacturing plants.

My Korean built 4 string fretless was pretty nasty really. Felt like a 'cheap' bass in just about every aspect from fit & finish to sound, quality of woods & electronics etc. I was really glad to get rid of it & actually thought I'd never play another Spector again.

I think the quality control is much better these days but I don't think you can compare a Legend to either a decent Euro or an American built Spector. Unlike someone like Lakland who priduce very high quality basses from their Korean plant.

To be honest I don't think the Euro basses really come close to the US ones - an NS5XL is twice the price of an LX5 & it's obviously not twice as good, however, if I could afford to only play US made ones then I would. . .

I had one, loved it, really nice neck, comfortable body shape and plenty of tones. I sold it because I was playing in a punk band at the time and it didn't suit. How it compares to the more expensive models I don't really know, but mine was really well made. For the price (£300 from Sound Control) I couldn't find anything better.

Right then. I have owned a few top end basses. I now only play my spector legend 4. I dont know if its because its the bass I learnt on but, I think they are brilliant,and not just for the money. I went to buy an ibanez prestige or the sr 700 at the least a few weeks back, I was very unimpressed with both. My mate who works in the shop showed me what he had juast bought seconhand.a korean spector legend 6 string for £200 which has made his prestige redundant. I prefer the korean and rebop to the american models.this is pobably a personal thing. Dont know if this helps,tim