Why become a member? ×

SMV extorted by Spanish Border Patrol

Faithless

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='547215' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:55 AM']I've already been in touch with SMV's manager ... she suggested I get in contact with Victor himself which I've done.[/quote]

If you want facts, wouldn't you be better off contacting the Spanish traffic police, given that Victor Wooten apparently doesn't know a word of Spanish and appeared to not have a clue what was going on?

UPDATE: I haven't heard from Victor yet but Marcus has posted this on his Facebook page:

[i]"The bus company that we hired the tour bus from has assumed the responsibility for the charge and will have their lawyers argue it. They're confident they'll prevail."[/i]

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='547241' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:56 AM']UPDATE: I haven't heard from Victor yet but Marcus has posted this on his Facebook page:

[i]"The bus company that we hired the tour bus from has assumed the responsibility for the charge and will have their lawyers argue it. They're confident they'll prevail."[/i][/quote]

So the bus company knows their driver was in the wrong but doesn't want to lose face infront of their client.

It's now a "charge" rather than extortion. Presumably all the paperwork was above board.

Edited by thisnameistaken

As someone pointed out earlier, in Europe (i'm portuguese living in London) there's a massive control on drivers. Each summer around 200 people die of bus/truck related accidents. I used to work for a company back at home and we used to receive lots of trucks everyday. You won't believe how strict their rules are. Drive 4 hours rest 1 Drive 4 rest 8. And there's no way around this. Fines are HUGE both for the company and for the driver. More often than not the bus/truck gets stooped and only gets out if. They pay and sometimes if the truck is from the same country where the offence was comited they will order that a new driver steps in until charges are cleared.

As for Marcus comment on the website the company will never admit they are wrong, oh and police in Spain is usually though, but they are not famous for being corrupts.

[quote name='TheButler' post='549616' date='Jul 24 2009, 12:45 AM']Are SMV planning to hit the UK?[/quote]

Is that wise when you think about the 'Scots border patrols'?

and the Welsh border patrols arent to be messed with either.

Edited by Spartacus