Why become a member? ×

Making the best rig for around $800!

two1frets

I play in a high school band, that plays in a theater that can can hold about 200-300 people, approximately. Although, I would want this rig to be sufficient for playing in small-medium sized clubs, if we ever get there. Also, I plan on keeping this rig for a while (hoping that nothing will happen to it!) Size and weight for shipping will not be an issue. As for weight and size for regular transport from my house to the gig, I am hoping that the cab isn't oddly shaped or extremely heavy. The cab shouldn't be above 90 pounds.

EDIT *** Yes this will be a gigging rig" *** EDIT

Edited by two1frets

[quote name='two1frets' post='544116' date='Jul 18 2009, 04:44 PM']I play in a high school band, that plays in a theater that can can hold about 200-300 people, approximately. Although, I would want this rig to be sufficient for playing in small-medium sized clubs, if we ever get there. Also, I plan on keeping this rig for a while (hoping that nothing will happen to it!) Size and weight for shipping will not be an issue. As for weight and size for regular transport from my house to the gig, I am hoping that the cab isn't oddly shaped or extremely heavy. The cab shouldn't be above 90 pounds.

EDIT *** Yes this will be a gigging rig" *** EDIT[/quote]

Id forget the Ampeg cab if you want a slap rig. GK Neo 410/4 (the 4 ohms version) and Markbass LM250 would be my choice for a slap rig within your budget, from the stuff you listed above.

Edited by Spartacus

[quote name='two1frets' post='544124' date='Jul 18 2009, 04:54 PM']Thanks so much for your input!

What if you couldn't get the GK Neo 410, which cab and amp would you get then?[/quote]

Havent tried the Hartke cab so cant comment. You need to get out there and try teh stuff yourself and see what works for you. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). You may not even need a 410 for your venues. Personally i like the MArkBass and GK heads but the MB might be a bit low powered. The Warwick one sounds a bit mid scooped so could be good for slap.

[quote name='Spartacus' post='544119' date='Jul 18 2009, 04:49 PM']Id forget the Ampeg cab if you want a slap rig. GK Neo 410/4 (the 4 ohms version) and Markbass LM250 would be my choice for a slap rig within your budget, from the stuff you listed above.[/quote]
+1 also Eden Nemesis. For easy transportation ,I'd recommend one of those 'rock'n'roll combos(or whatever theyre called) from
GK.(They have a built in trolley) You would need around 250-300 watts and with your budget it would be possible .

Shame you're not in London,as I have Eden Nemesis 250 watt combo...which rawks! :)

Was going to say, defo buy 2nd hand as you will get more for your money and stand a chance of selling and losing less...but since you aren't in the U.S and will pay in Euros then maybe I would have a look at what the Czechs can do for you as you might get a price break there..

As for what to buy with £500... I really don't know...

Out of your list, I would look at Markbass 1st, GK and Warwick and maybe Hartke..

Also, what has Italy got to offer...? I have played some decent stuff over there that you just don't see in the UK..can't recall the names now tho, sorry..

Edited by JTUK

Hahah!

Yeah, I'm going to have to make a stop and see how the LH500 sounds with the Hydrive 410 and the XL 410. Im also going to see how it sounds with the ampeg svt-410hlf. The weird thing is, the Hydrive and an Ampeg svt-610 Cab both cost the same. I wonder... Ill just have to go and test them.

I'm sure we have a regular poster here on Basschat who is in Austria. cant for the life of me remember his name. Soulfinger!. why dont you give him a pm, he might know something in your area. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54275"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54275[/url]