Why become a member? ×

Overwater Perception

thepurpleblob

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='542493' date='Jul 16 2009, 06:41 PM']Went into Guitar Guitar today "for a look". Deadly. Got (I think) a very good deal on the following... (still on Overwater's gallery funnily enough)...

Silly me.....[/quote]
You won't regret it :)

Mines still up there under the recently sold section - PER00013 - though I got it from a fellow BCer.

[quote name='bythesea' post='542517' date='Jul 16 2009, 07:19 PM']You won't regret it :)

Mines still up there under the recently sold section - PER00013 - though I got it from a fellow BCer.[/quote]

Yours is the fancy-pants "pro" type I see :rolleyes:

So far, I'm very pleased. It doesn't make my playing any better unfortunately!

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='542532' date='Jul 16 2009, 07:37 PM']Yours is the fancy-pants "pro" type I see :)

So far, I'm very pleased. It doesn't make my playing any better unfortunately![/quote]
:rolleyes: Same here - though now I have a 5 string I have a 25% greater number of bum notes to hit!

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='542928' date='Jul 17 2009, 09:37 AM']That is a cracking bass.
What is the weight like? I have a 4 string version and it weighs less than 7lbs!!!!
When I got it delivered I thought the guy had scammed me and sent an empty flightcase :)

BB[/quote]

Yeh - 19mm spacing on a 5 string. Great :rolleyes:

Actually I think I've gone mad(der). It's definitely quite light - I'll stick it on the scales tonight in fact. However, it feels oddly heavy on the strap after a bit of playing. I'll probably have to fiddle about with the strap length etc. and I'm only using one of those poxy Fender cloth straps.

The Gator (?) case it comes in, on the other hand, is the biggest, heaviest case I have ever seen. I could hardly get the thing back to the car!!

Edited by thepurpleblob