Why become a member? ×

hondo II rickenbacker bass

riff raff

just bought this off the bay.was gonna use it as a cheap live bass/wall decoration god knows really.
but looking at it in the house its just confirmed to me that i NEED a real one.lol.

korean (?) made.ply body.all complete bar one saddle on the bridge.homemade nut,looks like a piece of lego to me!!! comical high jumpesque action.been crappily repainted in black.pups seem to work.

its rough but its what it is.

south wales.

rob[attachment=28993:087.JPG]

Edited by riff raff

Are you selling the [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1970S-HONDO-2-GEDDY-LEE-BASS-GUITAR-MINI-AMP-CASE_W0QQitemZ390068501544QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item5ad1e4fc28&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A13%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50"]amp and case[/url] with it?

the amp you can have with it if you like!!!!!!!!!!!

but im keeping the hardcase.its not the best but they're always handy :)

forgot one of its unique selling points...the missing saddle has been replaced by a wedged in rawlplug.none of your badass ponciness here!!

Straight-up sales pitch, I have to admit I'm tempted, but I need another project like I need scabies!

Good luck with it, it's a bargain at £150 even if it is a plywood 'Orrible 'Ondo basket-case! :)

Jon.

[quote name='Machines' post='542497' date='Jul 16 2009, 06:47 PM']Fantastic sales pitch there :rolleyes:.[/quote]

I love that sort of honest sales pitch, however, I wouldn't buy it, unless for a wall hanging. If it was 15 times smaller, I'd have bought it to hang off my rear view mirror, but the price would have to be 15 times smaller too :)

Have a bump mate!

[quote name='riff raff' post='546519' date='Jul 21 2009, 02:39 PM']starting to think i've made this out to be worse than it is. :)[/quote]
Not at all, just a project that needs a bit of work. Honestly if I didn't already have a basement full of bits & no time to bolt 'em together, I'd have this, no question.

J.