Why become a member? ×

Where are the Zons

ape

53 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

I've had 3 Sonus basses and I'm looking for another!  :)  re. spec; they have a broad range of preamp and pup combos with choices of body wood tops... but none of them will be cheap!  ;)

There’s a pre-owned one on The Bass Gallery’s website at the moment, but the spec is a little sparse. I think I would want to know a little more about it and give it a test drive before jumping in. Not likely at the moment unfortunately. 

Yep that's about the level of detail you normally get for most Zon bass sales.  :)  

It's defo a USA 'custom' but tbh you rarely see an off the shelf model, most people select little upgrades like the top.  You can get the serial number off the heel of the body and you could find out date of manufacture etc.  That looks really nice and I do kick myself that I've sold my Sonus basses (as nice as that) for half that but it is a shop sale and times change!  

Sonus is the same shape as the original NS-2 without the curved back. Very much like Fodera Monarch, but on steroids = the CF neck. If possible, I might opt for a 519 (or H), black hardware, and some darker top. But the price, which is around £5000 means this is just wishful thinking.

Edited by itu

26 minutes ago, itu said:

Sonus is the same shape as the original NS-2 without the curved back. Very much like Fodera Monarch, but on steroids = the CF neck. If possible, I might opt for a 519 (or H), black hardware, and some darker top. But the price, which is around £5000 means this is just wishful thinking.

Ooh, I do like a Monarch. My one doesn’t need performance enhancing drugs 😂

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...