Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn... properly this time as sold on TB! LOL

warwickhunt

I picked this up on the understanding it was on or near as 9lb... upon arrival it is 10lb 8oz! Unfortunately for me I have a recurring shoulder injury which means that anything much more than 9lb leaves my shoulder in pain, in fact I'm off to the chiropractor tomorrow!

This comes with the J-retro fitted, tortie plate (original inc') and a hipshot detuner fitted (original inc'); I want back what I paid £675 (collected or + carriage) and I'm not about to haggle as I expect this to go rapidly. It is in very good nick with just one small paint chip to the headstock (I think they leave the factory with these chips) and has just been cleaned, polished, set-up and restrung.

It is in a Stagg poly-moulded case which protects it but it did take a knock at some time in its life and a couple of the catches don't 'quite' lock as good as I'd like. <edit> Though I must stress it works fine as a flightcase! :)

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='woodyratm' post='541432' date='Jul 15 2009, 04:44 PM']Noooooo!

Fancy a trade for a lake placid blue one?[/quote]

Not unless it weighs 8.5lb and you can respray it any other colour. :)

In all seriousness a trade would be pretty tricky as they are the same bass and I'd not be gaining anything... worth a try though! :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='541892' date='Jul 16 2009, 07:31 AM']I have a potential sale but as it is International and payment options are limiting I'd like to sell to the UK.

I wouldn't dismiss the option of a trade up or down for a lightweight bass! :rolleyes:[/quote]
Only other bass i have is my stingray - and thats likely to mong your shoulder even worse :)
If i come into cash i'll let you know.

Also congrats on the amazing price.

[quote name='woodyratm' post='542013' date='Jul 16 2009, 10:24 AM']Only other bass i have is my stingray - and thats likely to mong your shoulder even worse :)
If i come into cash i'll let you know.

[u]Also congrats on the amazing price.[/u][/quote]

Well I'm not looking to turn a quick profit on this but as it stands at the minute I can sell this bass at least twice at my asking price but I am having to take a long hard look at a handful of trade offers. :rolleyes:

Friday, 'gig just got cancelled due to the weather' type bump! :rolleyes:

The two International sales that I had lined up, have gone cold (probably due to the carriage costs).

Surely this has got to be a bargain worth bagging? :)

Edited by warwickhunt

Is it just a standard glossy white finish? It looks slightly metallic from the pictures, but I imagine that must be the lighting.

Don't want to sound like a tyrekicker, but as soon as I can move some guitar gear I'd be very interested in this although I fear it'll be gone by then :)

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='thedonutman' post='543496' date='Jul 17 2009, 07:28 PM']Is it just a standard glossy white finish? It looks slightly metallic from the pictures, but I imagine that must be the lighting.

Don't want to sound like a tirekicker, but as soon as I can move some guitar gear I'd be very interested in this although I fear it'll be gone by then :rolleyes:[/quote]

It is indeed pearlescent/metallic white and I have no objection to you voicing your intent and I'd look forward to you flogging your gear and coming back with hard cash. :)

This was mine - It's an absolutely blinding bass, I only sold it as it wasn't getting much use and I needed to fund a fretless Stingray.

Good luck with the sale John - Apologies again for the mix up with the weight.

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='Mickb1773' post='552445' date='Jul 27 2009, 11:05 AM']Any interested in this as a Trade,
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48362"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48362[/url]
All the best,
Mick.[/quote]

PMd

Edited by warwickhunt