Why become a member? ×

*Sold* Hudson PBS 6 *Sold*

WILD FROG SHOT

This bass needs to be played!

I bought this Hudson PBS6 from Shockwave earlier this year.

It's a great bass to play, however, I'm working on more stripped back arrangements at the moment, and am about to begin Cello lessons. I need to sell this lovely specimen to part-fund my grandiose ambitions.

6 String
Cort Curbow Spalt Topped Mahagony / Maple body
Ebony Fretboard
3 Range Pre-amp
Currently strung with an overwater custom set strings, super light gauge 110-30

Bass costs £599 new from Cranes music shop, who appear to be the only stockists

The only damage is very slight wear where Shockwave's thumb has been resting on the bass

Looking for £250 collected from Bristol, but can meet you half way as long as you don't live somewhere silly

[attachment=28946:bass029vg4.jpg]
[attachment=28945:bass028sz9.jpg]

Edited by WILD FROG SHOT

:rolleyes: it's the first time i see a Cort Cubow 6 with real and beautifull woods!!!! (no luthite! at last!)
i can't believe it!
Is it a special model? a new release of the Cort's Curb.line? original bridge? is there a possibility to make wider the strings space? or allways a tiny strings space? no more slap-switch? what is that p.u.?
thanks if you could answer about that nice Cort Curb 6,yes very lovely one! :)

[quote name='slapierro' post='541865' date='Jul 16 2009, 02:09 AM']:rolleyes: it's the first time i see a Cort Cubow 6 with real and beautifull woods!!!! (no luthite! at last!)
i can't believe it!
Is it a special model? a new release of the Cort's Curb.line? original bridge? is there a possibility to make wider the strings space? or allways a tiny strings space? no more slap-switch? what is that p.u.?
thanks if you could answer about that nice Cort Curb 6,yes very lovely one! :)[/quote]

Yep, as Kev said, it's not quite a Cort.

People either seem to either really like or really dislike the wood finish, a question of taste I guess.

I'm not sure exactly what the pup is. It is 3EQ and has a good range of tone though.

Kev, I can see how this is going to end up already. Is there a Bristol based bassist on here that hasn't owned this bass?

haha, i can tell you its full history actually. Rob bought it originally off ebay, then i bought it off Rob. I then sold it to Nick (on here, non bristol), who then sold it back to Rob. Rob then sold to you, and now you could be selling it back to me! We'll see :)

Edited by Kev

ok, thanks Kev and Wild Frog Shot for the Hudson PBS6....
:) yes, what a story and turn arround between so many different hands!
please could you tell me if there is a set-up for different string spaces into the bridge?
is it usualy 17mm? is a setting for 18,5mm possible? thanks!

[quote name='slapierro' post='542822' date='Jul 17 2009, 01:13 AM']ok, thanks Kev and Wild Frog Shot for the Hudson PBS6....
:) yes, what a story and turn arround between so many different hands!
please could you tell me if there is a set-up for different string spaces into the bridge?
is it usualy 17mm? is a setting for 18,5mm possible? thanks![/quote]

I don't think there is a set up for different string spaces, but will have a double check this evening.

[quote name='WILD FROG SHOT' post='542114' date='Jul 16 2009, 12:02 PM']Kev, I can see how this is going to end up already. Is there a Bristol based bassist on here that hasn't owned this bass?[/quote]
Yup, me. But if I had the moolah... :)

[size=1]Speaking of Bristol sixers... I wonder who's got my old red Tobias Pro six string these days..?[/size]

I Sold a Shergold 6 string fretless to a guy who came up from Bristol. Wasn't anyone on here, was it?
It had the bridge moved and a Gotoh soapbar at the bridge.

Oh, and [u][b]Bump[/b][/u] - nice looking bass - if I could get round to shifting a couple of my Jack basses,I would be tempted

Hi there Wild Frog,

I'm very interested in that bass, but the problem is I'm in Brighton, which makes the meeting halfway thing a bit much. Are you not interested in posting it at all? I can pay for a HSC and shipping, obviously.

I'm new here, so you'll probably want references: I've bought and sold many guitars on sevenstring.org and have a great iTrader rating over there under the username 'leec'. I've also sold a few guitars on Jemsite under the same name. And my eBay profile is the same, leec5150.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Lee