Why become a member? ×

Shuker Bolt On 5 string

OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='95547' date='Nov 28 2007, 11:54 AM']There you go Eude, Rich and the Jon Shuker stock Single Cut[/quote]

Now that's one sexy bass!
Must not reach for credit card....

Thanks Si.

Anyone got pics of the headless single cut 4?

Eude

[quote name='Rich' post='95564' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:23 PM']Bugger off, I saw it first :)[/quote]

Don't worry bud, was just an impulse reaction, I've got very different plans for the next one.
It's going to be called "pub bass".
I reckon that single cut would be a little bit too boutique to fit the requirements... :huh:

Cheers,
Eude

Bloody Hell Si!

You are one lucky "OldGit" :)

That's a very very sexy bass.

When I get geared up, probably end of Jan/early Feb for my next go, I'll be popping down to see Jon, with bass in tow.
How about we try and organise some kind of BassChat Shukerite gathering...

Assuming Jon'll put up with us all!

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='eude' post='95618' date='Nov 28 2007, 01:54 PM']Bloody Hell Si!

You are one lucky "OldGit" :huh:

That's a very very sexy bass.

When I get geared up, probably end of Jan/early Feb for my next go, I'll be popping down to see Jon, with bass in tow.
How about we try and organise some kind of BassChat Shukerite gathering...

Assuming Jon'll put up with us all!

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

Ha ha the secret is the chocolate hobnobs .. He'll do almost anything for some of those ...
I don't think I can afford to go to Jon's again for a very long time :)

[quote name='eude' post='95578' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:38 PM']Don't worry bud, was just an impulse reaction, I've got very different plans for the next one.[/quote]Hey no worries, was only kiddin anyway. I can in no way afford nor justify that beautiful bass.

Goddammit.

mind you...
[quote]When I get geared up, probably end of Jan/early Feb for my next go, I'll be popping down to see Jon, with bass in tow.
How about we try and organise some kind of BassChat Shukerite gathering...[/quote]If we did all go & meet up, and that singlecut was still there... oh dear oh dear... I think the temptation would be too much to bear...

[quote name='Rich' post='95634' date='Nov 28 2007, 02:58 PM']Hey no worries, was only kiddin anyway. I can in no way afford nor justify that beautiful bass.

Goddammit.

mind you...
If we did all go & meet up, and that singlecut was still there... oh dear oh dear... I think the temptation would be too much to bear...[/quote]

He's not joking. We had to get the social services negotiation team in to talk him into letting go of it so we could go home yesterday .. and he wept quielty all the way home ...

Good grief!

Some wonderful wood on this thread!!!

Hey Si', I was talking to Jon as you walked through the door at his place.. I knew it was 'the big day', so I got off the blower a bit quick!!

Love the Singlecut pic too..

[quote name='dood' post='95674' date='Nov 28 2007, 04:32 PM']Good grief!

Some wonderful wood on this thread!!!

Hey Si', I was talking to Jon as you walked through the door at his place.. I knew it was 'the big day', so I got off the blower a bit quick!!

Love the Singlecut pic too..[/quote]

Thanks mate it's lovely :)
I was very worried about it when I saw it with no finish .. It looked really really plain :huh:

Mighty thoughtful of you to let Jon off the phone .. we still didn't have enough time :huh:

We had a fine time .. Lot some very nice basses at Jons, plus Poptart had a W&T and Nordy along for the ride, plus Rich's Shuker, both mine and, by far the most notable bass there by far, my heavily mojo'd white Fender P Lyte :huh: :huh: :huh:

Saw some possible fingerboard woods for your project :huh: Got some pics here if you wannnnnnem ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='95685' date='Nov 28 2007, 04:41 PM']Thanks mate it's lovely :)
I was very worried about it when I saw it with no finish .. It looked really really plain :huh:

Mighty thoughtful of you to let Jon off the phone .. we still didn't have enough time :huh:

We had a fine time .. Lot some very nice basses at Jons, plus Poptart had a W&T and Nordy along for the ride, plus Rich's Shuker, both mine and, by far the most notable bass there by far, my heavily mojo'd white Fender P Lyte :huh: :huh: :huh:

Saw some possible fingerboard woods for your project :huh: Got some pics here if you wannnnnnem ...[/quote]

lol .. really plain??? Pics jaw up AGAIN ;o) - its incredible how fast time zips by in bass world!! I'd have loved to have been there! Sounds like quite a day! Excellent!

Mmmmm please do send my pictures... I'd love to see them! Usual addy ;o)

[quote name='dood' post='95693' date='Nov 28 2007, 04:50 PM']lol .. really plain??? Pics jaw up AGAIN ;o
Mmmmm please do send my pictures... I'd love to see them! Usual addy ;o)[/quote]

I mean when it was like this ... I have no vision you see :)

OK Pics on the way

[quote name='Tinman' post='95764' date='Nov 28 2007, 07:15 PM']Mate.
That is disgracefully lovely. Congratulations my friend, it gives me another reason to come over your way :huh:

Thinks * I must start planning another one. Now who can I get to smash into the back of my car this time?* :)[/quote]

Thanks Pete it's gert gorgeous
Feels fab too.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='95524' date='Nov 28 2007, 11:08 AM']Looks just like that one he has available to buy from stock on his site, looks good! More photos would be cool though.[/quote]

Ah yes you mean this one - yes the top on that was certainly instrumental in my choice of top wood. I'd already decided on a very light dotless fingerboard

It's not obvious but the body is subtly different as a result of the 21 frets vs 24, which means teh distance between the bridge and the end of the neck is longer, therefor ethe body is longer from strap lock to heel .. It's also wider across the base as it has more forearm wood as I like the "width" you get in a P bass.

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='95773' date='Nov 28 2007, 07:35 PM']Looks like Jon has worked his magic again, cracking bass!, am i right in thinking this one was completed rather quickly......... for a change :huh:[/quote]

No it was a long slow build but that was agreed from the start. I had to save up :)
I didn't start the build diary until a long way into the build time
That was fine by me. I already had a stonkin' bass at home :huh:

[quote name='BeLow' post='95944' date='Nov 29 2007, 07:33 AM']With Jon's work it easy to get carried away - they are all pretty special, but some just 'glow' - and I think you have got one of those ones OG - at least looking at the phot's anyway. Well done![/quote]

Thanks BeLow,
I think so too :) It's a tad difficult to be objective, of course, but I think both my bass babies are beautiful.
What was a real surprise is how great the headstock looks. As Rich said it's almost worth the price alone ...
Jon's new chrome signature is a very nice touch too.

Edited by OldGit