Why become a member? ×

Shuker Bolt On 5 string

OldGit

[quote name='Alun' post='78540' date='Oct 23 2007, 09:46 PM']Ah sorry, didn't ask my question very well - why stop at 21 rather than 24? Neck pickup positioning or just personal preference ( or summat else entirely)?[/quote]

I found the extra neck/figerboard length does a number of things - gets in the way of my newfangled poppin' finger, makes the body smaller (or the lower cut bigger) and puts the balance out.

I've had 24 fret basses and never really liked them that much.

21's enough for me. the P5 has a deeper lower cut han a fender by a few mm and it gives me access further up the neck so there's a load of frets I can get to more comfortably anyway.

So happy with 21 for now :)

I quite like the look of the Fender Jazz 24 though :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='poptart' post='84642' date='Nov 6 2007, 10:27 PM']Niiiice bass Si - Looking good - the DCs will work well in that bass for sure :huh:[/quote]

Thanks Mark .. I hope so ..
Jon's got his stall at Bass Day to attend to this week but he managed to gloss the body yesterday :)

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='89560' date='Nov 16 2007, 06:54 PM']Are you putting on the hipshot knobs??[/quote]

That's odd I was sure I replied to this yesterday ..

I'll try the ones it comes with first It's kind of hard to tell 'til I see it and try the knobs in a gig situation.
Ideally I'd like to be able to look at the knobs and tell where things are visually so I may be looking for something with a position indicator on it. On the P5 I use the grubscrew holes to tell..

They are certainly nice though ..

[quote name='OldGit' post='90186' date='Nov 18 2007, 11:25 AM']I don't suppose you snapped a pic or two? :)[/quote]

Sorry mate no, Jon told me to take a look. so I just had a quick peek. The extractor fans were on full tilt in the spray booth and I didn't want to disturb all the "magic" going on so I shut the door again sharpish. I didn't have me camera anyways and tho one on me phone is crap !
Its worth waiting for the finished article now anyway Si, not be long :huh:

[quote name='Johngh' post='90494' date='Nov 18 2007, 09:21 PM']Sorry mate no, Jon told me to take a look. so I just had a quick peek. The extractor fans were on full tilt in the spray booth and I didn't want to disturb all the "magic" going on so I shut the door again sharpish. I didn't have me camera anyways and tho one on me phone is crap !
Its worth waiting for the finished article now anyway Si, not be long :)[/quote]

Oh I never doubted that it would look fabbo ..
Just a tad impatient for a pic or two ...