Why become a member? ×

Some kind of preset rack control pedal box thing???

Eight

Watching one of the extras on an Arch Enemy dvd the other day, the lead guitard was talking through his gear and he basically had a set up where he had a pedal unit (+1 off-stage for his guitar tech to use if required) with multiple switches that controlled his various rack effects.

E.g.
Switch 1 might activate the rack mounted chorus and noise gate
Switch 2 would turn off the chorus etc. and only apply distortion
etc. etc.

He showed you the rack, pretty sure they were separate effects units from various manufacturers.

Anyone ever heard of this kind of preset pedal control?

[url="http://www.voodoolab.com/gcontrolpro.htm"]Ground Control[/url] / [url="http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm"]GCX Audio Switcher[/url]

Combined they allow you to hook up all your pedals then turn them on/off separately and change settings on midi-controlled gear.

That'll be what he uses too.

Dan

If you're going down the 8 or less loops loop selector I'd also consider the DIY option. I make a single loop selector (to turn on 2 fx at the same time or to remotely turn on my tone-sucking pedals, or to turn on my synth) and it cost me less than £20... and was flippin great fin as well! I'd look into it.

I use ground control, love it to bits, does everything.
It will control all my midi effects and can switch up to eight pedals with each switcher unit you have hooked up to it.
the small board like mine can operate two switcher units giving you control of 16 pedals and the large board can handle up to four switcher units.
they can also be used to switch in and out various amps if you wish to use multiple preamps etc and all presets can be named and seen clearly on the nice big green led display.
I use mine with all pedal selections for each song programmed in succesion so i can go from intro to main thru to middle eight or chorus etc depending on what sounds i want in each song and as I often use groups of pedals together for certain sections as well as effects from various processors it means all my effects can be changed with one touch operation.

There is a diary of my original first build of my GCX rig on here somewhere.

Edited by wizbat

This took ages to find and I,m not sure how to post a link but if you look in 'amps and cabinets' on page 64 and look at page 6 of 'what,s in your rack' you,ll find it.
If anyone knows how to move this to the build diary to find it easier please do, as I type this I,m in the process of updating the rig and will post the new pics when it,s finished.

I´ve been doing that kind of thing with a TC2290 Delay. It has 5 built-in effectloops which can be controlled through a footboard. The 2290 itself is probably the best delay ever made. It provides everything delay- and VCA based in incredible quality with crazy modulation possibilities: delay, chorus, flanger, panning,.... Unfortunately it´s no more made and used prices are always beyond 1000€

[quote name='jensenmann' post='543003' date='Jul 17 2009, 10:34 AM']Thanks for your understanding that I´m not a native speaker. Your comment shines a very glorious light on your interhuman abilities.[/quote]

I'm not sure if you're being bitterly sarcastic, in which case your grasp of our beautiful language is excellent indeed, but your sarcasm is misplaced. I wasn't insulting you!!

[quote name='jensenmann' post='543003' date='Jul 17 2009, 10:34 AM']Your comment shines a very glorious light on your interhuman abilities.[/quote]

+1 to what Tom said. Whether this was intended as an insult or not, I intend to quote it. An excellent and thoroughly flamboyant use of the English language! Well done, sir! :)

Dan

Well, gents, if this comment was not meant insulting please accept my apologies for the harsh reaction. Though I did read it as insulting, probably due to my limited language skills (the reason why I´m here is practicing english language - besides bassaddiction).

Welcome to the site man! People are generally sensitive to people where English isn't their first language but I think your post about the delay was so well written, everyone assumed you were a native speaker!

Any pictures / sound samples of the delay? Start a new thread and I'll check it out!

Dan

I,ve used the TC 2290 and can say that it is everything jensenman says it is, I had one back in the early ninteis and wish I still had it, tho the five loops wouldn,t be enough on their own, with my gcx I,d have 13 loops!!
Multiple pedal heaven!!!