Why become a member? ×

Lomenzo Hyperdrive, problems?

harmonicfish

Tried buying one of these about a month ago, and as many people have said you can get some fantastic sounds out of this thing.

I was wondering if anyone else had had any problems with the foot switch though. I was finding that very occasionally, when switching it on, the light would come on, but no sound would come out (either dry or distorted).

In the end I had to take it back. Losing sound completely, however infrequently, just isn't workable.

I find myself missing it now, but I seem to remember reading a similar post about foot switch problems some time ago. I'm reluctant to get another if it's a common problem.

Thoughts?
Similar (more reliable) alternatives?

Ah, found the post I was thinking of...

[quote name='5_string_death' post='272174' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:22 AM']Right, here's the deal, my Hyperdrive is damaged, not sure how or why, but I suspect its the foot switch that has become damaged in a high energy mid gig moment. All that happens when I step on it is that it gives off a small, weak click, and the effect and L.E.D stays active.[/quote]

Not quite the same problem admittedly.

Sadly the shop I got it from only had the one, and they didn't know when they'd be able to get any more. Wonder where the best place to order one online is.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='533886' date='Jul 6 2009, 04:03 PM']I had this problem with mine initially but it's sorted now. It seems to have fixed itself and it hasn't happened for months now.[/quote]
Yeah same with mine, i think it may be because i now press the footswitch harder :)

Same here.

Ashdown Dual Band Compressor, when engaged, 90% of the time the LED would switch on but with a very weak and distorted sound coming through.

I went to the shop, they sent it to the Ashdown centre, after 3 months (3 months!) they gave me a new one.
At least, they gave me the Mark II comp, since I had the first version which would be unusable with many basses.

Hi,

The pedal that I tried in the shop also had this problem, they had another one in stock which I bought and has been 100% reliable. The foot switches on the Ashdown pedals have a very 'cheap' feeling when compared with my Sansamp pedals and my Korg Pitchblack tuner. One of the guitarists in my band had an Ashdown guitar amp for awhile, he had the channel swichting pedal replaced twice under warranty because of faulty foot switches (Ashdown support was very good and they replaced the faulty pedals very quickly).

Cheers
Joao