Why become a member? ×

marshall MB450H

hitchy64

i know this is late!!! i bought one of these heads its the worst head ever!! it farts out,if u leave modern chanel on 10 then change over to classic, the classic goes farty fuzzy reduced in vol till u turn the modern master down,iv had it at 2ohm but still sounds crap,if u let a string ring it fizzles out to a farty fuzz,it sounds bright and aggressive,ive had it full bore,if its not very impressive,the hartke 350 i had for short time was way better, the only thing is i cant find another in shops to compair if i have a bad one,the same old problem as i reported,turn master to half is fuzzy n farty,i had some one look at it he recond it was ok but it was putting out 170w@4ohm and bout 420w @ 2 ohm...every ones describing a different amp.....or should these be running better through cabs like 410/810s?

Mine I used with a stack of a Marshall MB410, and a Peavey TVX210, then later with a Marshall VBC412. I did find, on one gig when I put it through a Marshall MB115 that it got "lost'" but with the other cabs it was great. I used the Classic Channel, all eq at midday including Gain, Channel Volume on full, then control the overall amp volume by the Master Volume. Cracking sounding amp, never needed the volume on more than 4 or 5 with the 410 & 210, no more than 3 or 4 with the 412.

[quote name='thunderider' timestamp='1356969529' post='1915808']
i know this is late!!! i bought one of these heads its the worst head ever!! it farts out,if u leave modern chanel on 10 then change over to classic, the classic goes farty fuzzy reduced in vol till u turn the modern master down,iv had it at 2ohm but still sounds crap,if u let a string ring it fizzles out to a farty fuzz,it sounds bright and aggressive,ive had it full bore,if its not very impressive,the hartke 350 i had for short time was way better, the only thing is i cant find another in shops to compair if i have a bad one,the same old problem as i reported,turn master to half is fuzzy n farty,i had some one look at it he recond it was ok but it was putting out 170w@4ohm and bout 420w @ 2 ohm...every ones describing a different amp.....or should these be running better through cabs like 410/810s?
[/quote]

Sounds like your gain signal is all over the shop, but it's hard to tell without being there with the amp.

The classic channel is valve driven so will start to break up due to the valve that's in there, which is a bit of a cheapy to be honest! Never got why amp companies do to that but they are only hurting themselves!

i think these cabs needa tight cab 610s/810s ectbut i have had it full in my house!! i think im going deaf...it didnt seem loud really!,classic sounds ok,but dont think its the amp for me!!,i run 2 15s and it dont sound to good thro em!might spend a tenner on a new valve

Edited by thunderider

• 6 years later...