bassbod bristol
sk8 bristol
barelyl4 salisbury
dannybuoy london/surrey
bythesea shoreham

Alex

Edited by alexclaber
+4

[quote name='alexclaber' post='546582' date='Jul 21 2009, 03:21 PM']Does this seem a logical route?

Alex[/quote]

Are we to assume that if we know one of these people or are in their vicinity then we can get in touch with them to try out your cab(s)?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='546633' date='Jul 21 2009, 04:00 PM']Are we to assume that if we know one of these people or are in their vicinity then we can get in touch with them to try out your cab(s)?[/quote]

Yes, or insert yourself in the list between them and the next person. No point trying cabs at home - they need to be in rehearsals or at gigs with guitarists and drummers to compete with!

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='546677' date='Jul 21 2009, 04:31 PM']Yes, or insert yourself in the list between them and the next person. No point trying cabs at home - they need to be in rehearsals or at gigs with guitarists and drummers to compete with!

Alex[/quote]

Cheers Alex, I'll sort this out with WoT. :)

Hi, if you could put me on that list too that would be great, im in the rotherham area

Edit; looking at that list i could probably take the cab from sheffield to bradford as i travel between huddersfield and rotherham quite regularly

Edited by Sean.Robinson

All sounds good to me, and how long will people have it for?
Cos if it's a week each, this is like a 7month thing so far....which is fine, but we should probably be quite strict about it

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='547329' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:27 AM']All sounds good to me, and how long will people have it for?
Cos if it's a week each, this is like a 7month thing so far....which is fine, but we should probably be quite strict about it[/quote]

This thought did occur to me too. Alex' intention is that everyone should use it on at least one gig. Which is fine if everyone gigs at least once a week. I reckon the list, as it currently stands, is probably more like 12 months.

Maybe he needs to send another one round in the opposite direction? Then everyone gets to try it twice, and the person in the middle of the list gets to try a stack of 2.

S.P.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='547343' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:45 AM']Maybe he needs to send another one round in the opposite direction? Then everyone gets to try it twice, and the person in the middle of the list gets to try a stack of 2.[/quote]

I could do that or I could send a Midget round. I'd also like to let people try the Big Baby because I really want to find out how much power it needs to rock (as it isn't a high sensitivity design like the others).

Alex

Yeah I guess sending either a Midget or a Big Baby round the opposite way would solve the problem and provide people with some context between the ranges!

I'm in the same boat as Crez, pretty full on gigs wise.

Good stuff

Si

[quote name='dood' post='548008' date='Jul 22 2009, 07:09 PM']Is there a Big One doing the rounds at the moment Alex?[/quote]

No, it's extra size seems to make frequent shipping too much of a liability. However the Big Baby will be doing the rounds and it sounds all but identical, just ~5dB quieter.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='548108' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:16 PM']No, it's extra size seems to make frequent shipping too much of a liability. However the Big Baby will be doing the rounds and it sounds all but identical, just ~5dB quieter.

Alex[/quote]
interested in that too

• 2 weeks later...

Change of plan! Two Compacts now going out on Monday:

Route 1:

musicman20 cleethorpes
casapete hull
finbar sheffield
sean.robinson rotherham
monz barnsley
hubrad bradford
rik (esa) bradford
wateroftyne newcastle
delberhot camelon
lemmywinks blackpool
josh3184 preston
guyl manchester
bassbunny manchester
bass culture chester
protium chester
mike 257 wirral
steve soar wirral

Route 2:

crez5150 wickford
physcoandy ipswich
pete young ipswich
redroque norwich
adee corby
giblett123 birmingham
bananaman leamington spa
alien milton keynes
sibob high wycombe
phil the bassist newbury
gunsfreddy2003 cheltenham
mr foxen bristol
bassbod bristol
sk8 bristol
barelyl4 salisbury
dannybuoy london/surrey
bythesea shoreham

Alex

Edited by alexclaber

[quote name='alexclaber' post='557968' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:10 PM']Change of plan! Two Compacts now going out on Monday:

Route 1:

musicman20 cleethorpes
casapete hull
finbar sheffield
sean.robinson rotherham
hubrad bradford
rik (esa) bradford
monz barnsley
wateroftyne newcastle........[/quote]
Yay! Cheers, Alex!

I imagine there'll be a few interested parties looking at it while it's with me, so it might be with me longer than a week or so...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='557975' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:17 PM']Yay! Cheers, Alex!

I imagine there'll be a few interested parties looking at it while it's with me, so it might be with me longer than a week or so...[/quote]

Yeah ive got a few guys who want to see it! Should be a good way of showing your cabs off :) Hopefully ill get a gig and some practices with it with the time I have :rolleyes: