Why become a member? ×

Barefaced On Tour

Whilst we get some more cabs built I thought I'd let y'all know that from this next batch I'm intending to send a cab off around those basschatters in the UK who want to try one but don't fancy splashing out right now. So like Wayne's 5-string thread the plan is for each person to pay the shipping to the next person, but as stickers won't stick to the textured finish I'd like marks out of ten and a signature on the back from everyone who tries it, a review up on the thread, plus a photo of them using it in anger (preferably at a gig).

Shipping alone is about £10 without insurance, packaging will be provided though may need revitalising as it gets more and more battered.

Join the list here!

Alex

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='530437' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:53 AM']That is an inspired idea Alex.[/quote]

CK - I don't think a tenner is going to cover your shipping lol

Put me on the list please Alex

Put me on the list please Alex

It might be possible to do a bit of a geographical tour so it cam be dropped off to the next person if possible?

What do you think the ideal time limit should be to kep hold of the cab, maybe 7-10 days max?
I would like to get a gig under my belt with it.

Ta
Ade

Edited by Adee

[quote name='Adee' post='530528' date='Jul 2 2009, 12:55 PM']It might be possible to do a bit of a geographical tour so it cam be dropped off to the next person if possible?[/quote]

Good idea! Can everyone put their locations on the thread and then we can see if we can avoid the cost/risk of giving it to a courier so many times.

I don't plan to do this with a Big One because it's extra size seems to make couriers want to break it. However the Big Baby should sound identical, just quieter, and is the same size as the Compact so that could go on tour later in the year.

Alex

[quote name='Rik (ESA)' post='530591' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:29 PM']Live near Bradford, and could get this to Leeds quite easily by train by the sounds of it! I reckon there's some people in the Leeds area that would love to try it out![/quote]
A marvellous idea! Probably off the scale at the mo, but having read your comments on construction I'm intrigued!
Also near Bradford.. if it's coming this way I'd be interested in a tryout. I have a car so could pick it up or drop it to the next trialler.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='530410' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:35 AM']Shipping alone is about £10 [b]without insurance,[/b][/quote]

Youre a brave man Alex!

p.s. Are you going to be at Bassday with your cabs? That would be fun!

Edited by Mikey R

If this makes it down to the London / Surrey area, I'd love to try one out to see if has enough top end for me. I like to use a lot of fuzz!

I have no room for it in my house though, so rather than go on the official list, I would love to come and test one out if someone nearby gets their hands on it.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='530421' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:44 AM']SHAZAM!

Location... Newcastle. Surrounded by lots of other inquisitive Basschatters...[/quote]
Everyone round Tyne's house for a beer and Barefaced tasting session.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='531022' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:15 PM']:)[/quote]
In three pages, there'll be nothing left of my original comment and that little edit of yours will have created a very creepy atmosphere.

Don't say I didn't warn you. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Eight' post='531021' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:14 PM']Everyone round Tyne's house for a beer and Barefaced tasting session.[/quote]
I've said it before in the Vintage thread: I'm happy to try to sort out meetups for people in the Newcastle area to test my mighty Vintage. I'd especially like to hear it with a halfway decent head on top. My Hartke preamp pedal + Tapco power amp solution leaves a bit to be desired. Having said that, I've yet to crank the Vintage to 11. :)

Seriously, NEers, PM me and we'll sort stuff out.