Why become a member? ×

RIP R,5,R,5...

Kiwi

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='529206' date='Jun 30 2009, 11:00 PM']I remember taking him to that national bass bash Mike mentioned. We were laughing so much on the way there that I had to be extra careful driving. Ironically we did say farewell to one another recently, pending my departure to NZ but noone could have known it would be forever.[/quote]
Guys, just logged in after some time away and I am genuinely saddened and shocked to read this awful news. I travelled to and from the aforementioned Bass Bash with Nick and Steve. Nick seemed a really decent, genuine chap; hell, he'd even seen Bad Wizard live.

Rest in peace.

[quote name='Weird War' post='529852' date='Jul 1 2009, 05:56 PM']Guys, just logged in after some time away and I am genuinely saddened and shocked to read this awful news. I travelled to and from the aforementioned Bass Bash with Nick and Steve. Nick seemed a really decent, genuine chap; hell, he'd even seen Bad Wizard live.

Rest in peace.[/quote]
I'm still in shock as well and apparently its hit everyone who knew him hard. I'm still trying to get in contact with Maria so I can pass the wishes of everyone on.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='530022' date='Jul 1 2009, 10:09 PM']I'm still in shock as well and apparently its hit everyone who knew him hard. I'm still trying to get in contact with Maria so I can pass the wishes of everyone on.[/quote]
Good luck with that. I didn't know him well, but I remember him from way back, bassworld days. Awfully sad, please pass on my condolences along with all the rest.

Thanks again everyone, I'm pleased to report that I managed to get in touch with Maria last night and have just sent her a link to this thread along with Nick's log in details. It's been a nightmare for her and I'm sure she will be extremely appreciative of your kind words. Maria says that Nick's basketball game was at 5pm on June 9th so, given he last logged in at 4:23pm, catching up with Basschat was indeed one of the last things he ever did.

Here's some pics from when Ari and I were at Nick's place in Pimlico a few years ago. Ari is playing Nick's Alembic Series II 5 string.

[attachment=28185:IMAGE_00137.jpg] [attachment=28186:IMAGE_00138.jpg]

Here's a shot of Nick at the Bassbash 17th March 2007

[attachment=28184:DSCF0786.JPG]