Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40 SOLD

TPJ

This is now sold

Here for sale a mighty T-40. Believed to be 1979 ish in age. A couple of knocks and dings but very playable and that ultra wide range of usable tones. All in working order. I'm selling because I need a new cab. I damaged my gigging rig :) .

Cheap sale and a bargain at £235 + P&P. Comes with used hard case.

EDIT: Looking for a straight sale with this, no swaps thanks.

Edited by TPJ

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='529176' date='Jun 30 2009, 10:31 PM']Are the necks on these basically like a P-bass? Or chunkier like the old Ibanez basses from the late '70s - early '80s, something like that?

I've never had one but I like the look.[/quote]

Hard to explain their profile. They are wide at the nut (~ 44 mm) but the necks are more flat than the Fender C/D profile.
They're very playable and robust but not similar to anything else I've played.

I'm not far from York if you want to check it out.

Beaut basses, and tempting in that nostalgic sort of way! :)
The tone controls are interesting.. goes from full on humbucker to treble-bled single coil, or vice versa.
This may even be my old one.. I sold it 20 years ago to a chap around Leeds/Wakey area.

gnasher1993, no probs if you want to check it out. Drop me a PM. We'll have a cupper and talk bass :)

hubrad, possibly. The guy I got it from got it off ebay from someone in Keighly. You never know

thisnameistaken, same offer for you, let me know if your in the area and want to check it out.

Edited by TPJ

[quote name='TPJ' post='529627' date='Jul 1 2009, 02:42 PM']gnasher1993, no probs if you want to check it out. Drop me a PM. We'll have a cupper and talk bass :)

hubrad, possibly. The guy I got it from got it off ebay from someone in Keighly. You never know

thisnameistaken, same offer for you, let me know if your in the area and want to check it out.[/quote]
That would be funny synchronicity.. I thought I recognised the band name - we were talking outside the Holmfirth gig just after your set on Friday. Me and the wife had chips(!) and I was playing guitar upstairs apres-gig. Must practice guitar.. :rolleyes:

[quote name='hubrad' post='529640' date='Jul 1 2009, 02:59 PM']That would be funny synchronicity.. I thought I recognised the band name - we were talking outside the Holmfirth gig just after your set on Friday. Me and the wife had chips(!) and I was playing guitar upstairs apres-gig. Must practice guitar.. :)[/quote]
Blimmey, how are you mate? :rolleyes:

Small world. Nice chatting with you and your wife. You guys must have been roasting upstairs by the time you went on. It was an oven when I left before LL's last tune, plus the smoke was thick as well. Did the crowd stick around?

[quote name='TPJ' post='529682' date='Jul 1 2009, 03:58 PM']Blimmey, how are you mate? :)

Small world. Nice chatting with you and your wife. You guys must have been roasting upstairs by the time you went on. It was an oven when I left before LL's last tune, plus the smoke was thick as well. Did the crowd stick around?[/quote]
It was Barfly Hour - the punters not the song! swelter-issimo! Fun, though, and always nice to play with those guys.
At least the smoke stopped. :rolleyes: