Why become a member? ×

Not the best way to sell your Warwick...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/warwick-streamer-bass-jazzman-xl_W0QQitemZ230351878835QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item35a20abab3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1688|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/warwick-streamer-bas...93%3A2|294%3A50[/url]

[quote name='molan' post='527959' date='Jun 29 2009, 06:11 PM']Or to say it's a Spector clone. . .[/quote]
"For sale - Spector copy by Warwick. Unlike other Warwick basses this one does not look like a turd on a stick...."
:)

[quote name='JanSpeeltBas' post='528097' date='Jun 29 2009, 08:40 PM']Well (OT), the Warwick Streamer bass was first produced under licence of Spector. After the contractual term ended Warwick continued to produce this bass without permission, much to the annoyance of Stuart Spector who felt ripped off...[/quote]
I never knew that.
I wonder why Stuart Spector never got all litigious on Warwicks ass?

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='530076' date='Jul 1 2009, 11:55 PM']Spector vs Kramer? I thought it was Kramer vs Kramer?[/quote]
Wrong movie...for those who don't know:
"As demand for the NS heated up, Spector Guitars grew rapidly, and in 1985 Kramer acquired the company. Stuart took on a consultant’s role, and Spector-by-Kramer basses were produced for the next five years. After Kramer went bankrupt, Stuart built basses sporting the SSD (Stuart Spector Design) label, and in 1998 he finally won his legal battle to recover the Spector trademark. Today, Stuart makes eight to ten Spector neck-through basses a month in his shop near Woodstock, New York, and he also offers production instruments built under contract in the Czech Republic, Korea, and China. ("We’re our own little mom-and-pop multinational corporation," he says with a chuckle.)"

• 2 weeks later...

A tale from the weird zone.

Chuck Jacobs and I got to see the very first Warwicks before they hit the retail market.
They sent him a fretted and a fretless cricket bat bass to use/try/keep and I was at his house the day UPS delivered them.
Both were lovely sounding, played beautifully and led me to have some rather large expectations of the final version......
Ah well.