Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Trace Elliot 7210H 250W 2x10 + Horn combo £125...

moonbass

Hi,

For sale, my well used Trace Elliot 7210H combo. 2x10" speakers plus high frequency horn. Vinyl covering (rather than later carpetted versions), all knobs and buttons intact, but there are several tears in the vinyl and scratches on the metalwork, plus some pint glass rings on the vinyl top courtesy of 15 years heavy gigging! Would probably brush up very nicely with a bit of TLC. There is also a minor dent in the seperate horn grill.

More importantly, sounds as new; transparent with huge headroom (I have rarely needed to turn up past 3! I once added a 1x15 extension cabinet to get the full 250W experience and easily drowned out a drummer and two Marshall stacks!) Tone shaping is easy with the two switchable preshapes, 7 band eq and EQ balance knob (which basically works like an overall tone control.) All usual gubbins as well: effects loop, tuner out, ground lift switch, mute button, and DI out with pre-post pre-amp switchable. The sound is punchy and great for slap, pick or fingers. The horn isn't hissy at all (but can't be turned off).

Two downsides to this amp: 1) It's heavy - but is virtually indestructable because of this!, and 2) The fan is a little loud - only so you would use it live rather than for recording; no biggie (and I suspect nowadays you could quite cheaply change for a silent fan if you were really bothered.)

I'm selling because I (hopefully) take delivery of my new Markbass rig this week. Rest assured this thing has never let me down, and I've owned it since new. Priced for a quick sale and due to wear and tear: £125. I'm based in Cambridge and am happy for pickup or delivery if not too far, but can't post I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by moonbass

[quote name='moonbass' post='529266' date='Jul 1 2009, 12:30 AM']Price dropped again - £125!! Someone's gotta have use for it - makes excellent feature coffee table if nothing else!!
Andy[/quote]

Fantastic price mate! If I was local I'd be tempted to nab this. Someone should snap this up at that price.