Why become a member? ×

Rough Demo recorded - check it oot!

TheButler

I've recently just recorded a couple of demos with my band. Bass used was a late 80's Stingray HH, bass line is nothing much though, just the necessary. I'd appreciate any comments about the recording, or the music in general. Always good to tell my band they're not as good as they think :)

Really cool stuf! Right up my street! Added!
Really inventive - sounds relaxing and improvised whilest retaining some structure! I'd say just make the lous bits louder (like where the drums go nuts) paybe a few punchy chords and a fatter guitar sound - hey, maybe some bass fills! :) ust sounding a bit thin. Otherwise excellent!

Thanks chaps :rolleyes:

Firstly... the guitar sounds thin because he was using a 1970's strat, through a Boss ME-50 - recipe for disaster there :) The bass was really simplistic because i made most of it up there... oops. There was a touch of chorus on the bass, and a very very slight tremolo, that coupled with it maybe being a couple of cents out of tune might not have helped. Synth sounds? We don't use one :D The drums weren't mixed brilliantly, but we did those two tracks in about 5 hours, and mixed in about 2 more on top of that.

Cheers guys!

Edit: It did bring a smile to my face to see God is an Astronaut actually commented the music, and not just with an automated message :lol:

Edited by TheButler