Why become a member? ×

Nordy VJ5 - Shell Pink - SOLD!!!!!!

kevin_lindsay

Well, it's been a while since I have been here on the forum. Nice to catch up with what's been happening.

As for me - well, some of you will already have seen the gorgeous Nordy VJ5 Carey made for me and which I took delivery of in April this year.

Here's the specs:

Alder body
[b]Shell Pink[/b] Finish
2 x Nordstrand NJ5 "60's wind"
Maple neck
[b]Brazilian rosewood fingerboard[/b]
White edge binding & dots
Matching Shell Pink headstock
Protec Contego gigbag
[url="http://www.protecstore.com/Contego_Bass_Guitar_Case-details.aspx?CategoryID=74"]http://www.protecstore.com/Contego_Bass_Gu...x?CategoryID=74[/url]

I am selling the bass, even though it is without doubt the nicest sounding and playing 5 string, rosewood fingerboarded, jazz bass I have ever had the pleasure to play, simply because the shade of Shell Pink isn't what I wanted. The colour is exactly the same as the vintage reissue Fender Shell Pink, but I was looking for a slightly different shade. Oh well. Plus, Carey is making me a 5 string P-Bass at present.

The bass in this spec from Carey is currently $2,900 incl gigbag, then you have the delivery cost to the UK, plus the joys of our UK import tax (3.5%, then the lovely 15% VAT added on to the cost of the bass, shipping AND import tax - aaagh!!!

I am asking £1,100 delivered in the UK.

The instrument is in absolutely pristine condition - it is literally "as new"

Any questions - drop me a line!

[b]Tom Barney (MD / bassist for Steel Dan) playing the bass at the Jan 2009 NAMM show[/b]

[b]Rufus Philpot playing the bass at the NAMM show also[/b]

Edited by kevin_lindsay

Thats a beauty and a great price.

May be worth PMing TimmyC as he was asking about Nordy's fairly recently.

Also, if that fails maybe give Mark at bassdirect a call and see if he will sell it on a commission basis for you as he is the UK dealer. That's how I shifted one of mine.

Steve

:) Oh Kev!!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - That bass is gorgeous. I seriously wish I had the cash for this one. Your green Nordy 5 is still the best 5 string I think I've ever played.

[quote name='Higgie' post='523969' date='Jun 25 2009, 06:20 PM']:) Oh Kev!!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - That bass is gorgeous. I seriously wish I had the cash for this one. Your green Nordy 5 is still the best 5 string I think I've ever played.[/quote]

Thanks Higgie!

The pink one actually plays even more effortlessly than the Surf Green one! The plan was to send the bass back to Carey to sell via his website, but I think it would be nice if the instrument could be kept here in the UK?

Whoever ends up with the bass will be VERY happy, the instrument is a fantastic piece of equipment.

Edited by kevin_lindsay

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='524039' date='Jun 25 2009, 07:16 PM']Nice! got any sound clips?[/quote]

Both pickups full on
Bridge pickup soloed
Neck pickup soloed

EQ set flat

Just a quick clip to give you some idea of the sound

[attachment=27730:Nordy_5_...ickups_1.mp3]

To everyone who contacted me - thanks so much for the interest.

Marty was the first to decide he wanted it, so the bass will shortly be heading off to Austria.

Thanks again guys, your enthusiasm for the bass is really appreciated.

Also, I'll be sure to post pics of the build and finished product of the forthcoming Nordy VP5 precision bass as it takes shape.

[quote name='martybass' post='525102' date='Jun 26 2009, 06:05 PM']It´s a perfect match to my daphne blue 75 Fender RI, yummi!!!![/quote]

That sounds nice too!

I've seen some 60's replicas in Daphne Blue but not a '75. Is it a Custom Shop job?