Why become a member? ×

KNOBS!

Randy_Marsh

You can get metal knobs for a very reasonable sum from Warwick and they will fit. how many do you need? if your vette is the same as mine you will need 1 stacked and 2 none stacked. If you are just after chrome ones i think i have some lying about that i took off my vette. Im sure we can sort something out.

[quote]You can get metal knobs for a very reasonable sum from Warwick and they will fit. how many do you need? if your vette is the same as mine you will need 1 stacked and 2 none stacked. If you are just after chrome ones i think i have some lying about that i took off my vette. Im sure we can sort something out.[/quote]

legend! i had a look on the warwick site, theyre £4 or something for 2 which isnt bad at all, but its the tenner on top for postage that makes it a a bit not worth it. Mines a passive so 3 normal domed knobs would be sweet

[quote name='51m0n' post='523322' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:39 AM']I'd love to get some turned wood knobs on the Roscoe, it would be the final touch for uber class IMO, but I've no idea what I'd need size wise or where to get them from :)[/quote]

[url="http://www.thgknobs.com/"]http://www.thgknobs.com/[/url]

[quote]Surely all I need is some wood, some sandpaper, and electric drill and some patience though wink.gif[/quote]

Dunno about that but i think I may take a trip to B&Q and have look at some of the kitchen drawer knobs, my 'distressed' Peavey could do with a little something extra :)

[quote name='alexclaber' post='524597' date='Jun 26 2009, 09:18 AM']Bear in mind that the weight of the knobs has a significant effect upon balance, so with the way many basses neckdive I'd lean towards heavy brass ones rather than wood or plastic.

Alex[/quote]

Maybe, but the Roscoe really doesnt suffer from any kind of neck dive at all - best balanced bass I've ever owned thats for sure....