Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

[quote name='Zombywoof' post='605480' date='Sep 22 2009, 12:30 PM']Here's my Corvette Proline 6 fitted with Bartolini pups. paid £400 for it coz it crackles in active mode. Not had it fixed yet but it still sounds great in passive mode.

[attachment=33274:24032009_001_.jpg]

Maple body and ovangkol neck[/quote]

£400 For that :rolleyes:

Some people have all the luck, Good score for a lovely bass :)

[quote name='littleal' post='605565' date='Sep 22 2009, 01:44 PM']£400 For that :rolleyes:

Some people have all the luck, Good score for a lovely bass :)[/quote]

Thanks, yeah she is lovely. And you're right, I just got lucky. Bought it off Carrie Melbourne who is Mike Oldfields bassist and I don't think money was an issue for her. She just wanted shot of it. Right time, right place I guess. I'm not usually so lucky as I've bought some right dogs in the past!

[quote name='littleal' post='604453' date='Sep 21 2009, 12:56 PM']I recently picked this 95 bolt on sixer up & now all my other basses including my smith are now redundant.
Walnut body & wenge neck :)[/quote]
That is gorgeous. For quite a while I had serious GAS for trading up my great sounding Thumb BO 4 for a Thumb BO 6 for more of the same.

[quote name='Captain Rumble' post='606275' date='Sep 22 2009, 11:29 PM']Recently aquired still trying to set it up I may need an expert if anyone knows someone in my kneck of the woods
[attachment=33306:PICT0025.JPG][/quote]

Lovely facing on that, i've alway's set my basses up, most of them being warwicks, if you need any advice just drop me a pm.

Yes there is an eden 410 missing, one day i'll have another as one just aint enough :)

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='606508' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:03 AM']Don't have either of these anymore but this thread is really making me miss them and giving me some serious GAS! Going to have to start saving me thinks for a nice 5 string streamer or 6 string thumb!!!
These were a great pair and sounded amazing through that rig.[/quote]
So why did you sell them? :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='simondee' post='615707' date='Oct 3 2009, 02:18 PM']out of interest Jake, how do you find the Shuttle compares to the Fafner?[/quote]
Erm, they're both really great amps but i found that the shuttle just didn't have the headroom i was used to. So i now have the pleasure of owning my second fafner :)

But yeh, i just missed what i had so got rid of the shuttle for my old trust worthy.

The size & weight just wasn't enough for me.

Jake