Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

[quote name='XB26354' post='522817' date='Jun 24 2009, 06:37 PM']Now a two Warwick family.

09 Corvette $$ 6-string in Natural w/gold hardware - arrived last Friday, wicked combination of beautiful woods and ballsy tone.
05 Streamer Stage One 6-string in Nirvana Black w/Seymour Duncan Basslines - an absolute monster with sustain for days.

Mat[/quote]
Love the streamer :)

[quote name='XB26354' post='522817' date='Jun 24 2009, 06:37 PM']Now a two Warwick family.

09 Corvette $$ 6-string in Natural w/gold hardware - arrived last Friday, wicked combination of beautiful woods and ballsy tone.
05 Streamer Stage One 6-string in Nirvana Black w/Seymour Duncan Basslines - an absolute monster with sustain for days.

Mat[/quote]
I'm not a big Warwick fan but a lot of their designs look far better as 6 strings. That's a lovely pair.

[quote name='Rimskidog' post='524193' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:38 PM']Here's mine. It's a very early one. Has no serial number. It's been suggested to me that it may be the original Namm show model:

[/quote]
Wow! That is a gorgeous Infinity. Is it one of the original Limited editions (I think they had an Ovangkol neck), or the newer one (with a maple neck)?

• Thanks 1

[quote name='peted' post='524565' date='Jun 26 2009, 08:48 AM']Wow! That is a gorgeous Infinity. Is it one of the original Limited editions (I think they had an Ovangkol neck), or the newer one (with a maple neck)?[/quote]

Er...

[quote name='Rimskidog' post='524193' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:38 PM']Here's mine. It's a very early one. Has no serial number. It's been suggested to me [Edit: I sent a picture to the Warwick and asked them] that it may be the original Namm show model:[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='526553' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:27 AM']Here's my 1990 Thumb

It's like something that's been hewn by German elves with Adzes.

And a photo nicked from John:

[/quote]

I thought I recognised that! :)

Oh and when I've got a spare hour I'll stick some pics up (past and present) but when 'peted' referred to the original Infinity Ltd Ed's he may have been referring to this bass.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='522027' date='Jun 23 2009, 08:31 PM'][u]If[/u] i decide to move it on :)
You can certainly have first refusal though! lets see some pics of your thumb :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well - as you ask:

[attachment=29119:guitars_010.JPG]

Bog standard Bolt on thumb, but the tone is simply the best of any of my basses (although its probably a tie with the Shuker!). I love the neck too. At least two Basschatters have owned this before me, and both didn't like the balance. Personally, I've never had a problem and find it fine. The only downside is that it seems to weigh about the same as the rest of my basses put together!

[quote name='simon1964' post='543549' date='Jul 17 2009, 08:23 PM'][attachment=29119:guitars_010.JPG][/quote]
Holy Cr@p! That's an amazing Thumb bolt-on! I wouldn't have believed that it's on its 3rd owner, it looks mint. Puts mine to shame :) They are amazing, aren't they?

[quote name='didle' post='544513' date='Jul 19 2009, 09:42 AM']There's some mighty fine axes in this thread already.
Here's my contribution, my Streamer LX-5:

She's 10 years old this September - anyone know how to determine her real age?

Cheers,
Doug[/quote]

The serial number on the back of the headstock - the last 2 digits are the year and the letter at the start tells you the month in which it was made (A=Jan, B=Feb but drop the letter 'I') or you could put your serial number in here for full details (mind even Warwick get it wrong occasionally :) )

[url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/support/serials.php?cl=EN"]http://www.warwick.de/modules/support/serials.php?cl=EN[/url]

[quote name='didle' post='544513' date='Jul 19 2009, 09:42 AM']There's some mighty fine axes in this thread already.
Here's my contribution, my Streamer LX-5:

She's 10 years old this September - anyone know how to determine her real age?

Cheers,
Doug[/quote]
This is mighty fine love the blue