Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

[quote name='YouMa' post='522006' date='Jun 23 2009, 07:55 PM']A stage 1,i miss the flat fingerboard i had to shim my new jazz bass to get the action anywhere as low as the warwick.[/quote]
Ahhh sweet, i've been wanting to try one of them for a while, you should buy warwickhunt's, treat yourself a little :)

[quote name='budget bassist' post='521991' date='Jun 23 2009, 07:33 PM']lots of warwick owners on here, but no warwick thread! I can't get enough of looking at them, so here's a thread for them :)

I'll start you off with my corvette $$, best feeling bass i've ever played, i love it! Sounds really nice too, plenty of growl![/quote]

Very nice bass as I recall. I may well have it back when you decide to move it on!!

[quote name='simon1964' post='522021' date='Jun 23 2009, 08:22 PM']Very nice bass as I recall. I may well have it back when you decide to move it on!![/quote]
[u]If[/u] i decide to move it on :)
You can certainly have first refusal though! lets see some pics of your thumb :rolleyes:

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='wildus' post='522029' date='Jun 23 2009, 08:34 PM']Here is my Streamer $$ with maple neck for a great slap sound, its a beast!!!!!!!
[attachment=27623:P1060653.JPG] [attachment=27624:P1060655.JPG][/quote]
Here, you've got them pics the wrong way round mate! Sure your not a drummer in disguise? :)
Its a beauty mate, wish I had it (right handed obviously :rolleyes:)

Zach

[quote name='Jarhead' post='522091' date='Jun 23 2009, 09:53 PM']Here, you've got them pics the wrong way round mate! Sure your not a drummer in disguise? :rolleyes:
Its a beauty mate, wish I had it (right handed obviously :lol:)

Zach[/quote]
Cheers nice one :) i have a thumb six string fretless that i was thinking of getting fretted it has an ebony board
how do you think it would sound?

My Warwick Thumb BO 4. I wanted a Warwick for years before I managed to save up for this one. It's the epitomy of the way a bass should sound as far as I'm concerned and feels like it plays itself. The only reason I'm not getting another Warwick is because I fancy a few features which aren't available from them (though they are planning to release a Singlecut design in the next year).

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='522663' date='Jun 24 2009, 03:20 PM']Cos they need the money for all those L/H tin-openers, cork screws, coffee mugs, porsches etc :)[/quote]

Divorce Settlements and Left Handers Tax also.

Now a two Warwick family.

09 Corvette $$ 6-string in Natural w/gold hardware - arrived last Friday, wicked combination of beautiful woods and ballsy tone.
05 Streamer Stage One 6-string in Nirvana Black w/Seymour Duncan Basslines - an absolute monster with sustain for days.

Mat

Edited by XB26354