Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

Yeah I think it was listed for about half an hour before I pulled the trigger 😂. I'd say it sounds very different to a regular 5 string thumb from online videos however I haven't owned one myself. The p pickup gives a great p bass type tone (kind of obvious lol) but it has a very full and punchy sound with both pickups on (my preference). I think I still prefer my lakland tone however this one is piece of art! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bassman666 said:

Just took delivery of this beauty from bassdirect. Stunning looking instrument 😁

F1 (3).jpg

B1 (2).jpg

DSC_0880.JPG

DSC_0881.JPG

What an interesting bit of figuring, never seen a dirty blonde quite like that, almost flamed in the middle and burl top/bottom.  Lovely.

Nice bass.  Had a 4 string model a while back, back pickup is brilliant.  Sounds nothing like a Thumb bass, which is preferable for some! :D 

• Like 2

Lovely - I had the same bass some years back and like and idiot sold it!

11 hours ago, Bassman666 said:

Yeah I think it was listed for about half an hour before I pulled the trigger 😂. I'd say it sounds very different to a regular 5 string thumb from online videos however I haven't owned one myself. The p pickup gives a great p bass type tone (kind of obvious lol) but it has a very full and punchy sound with both pickups on (my preference). I think I still prefer my lakland tone however this one is piece of art! 

As said already, it sounds nothing like a thumb but has a unique but still Warwick like tone. I see like mine this one has had the nut upgraded to the brass version which gives more zing!

The other nice thing about these is that they are usually quite light.

if you decide to sell in future, give me a shout 😂😂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A friend from the Warwick forum just had this made (well it took 2 years).

I collaborated with him to get a working 8 string "buzzard beak" style headstock and came up with the banjo tuners idea for the octave strings to make it work.

What do you think? I think it is stunning and I am not even a fan of the Buzzard model...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My trio of Warwick loveliness. recently got back into Warwick after many years away and lovin the ownership experience again. 

the thumb dirty Blonde came from desmondpot and the Streamer LX Jazzman came from warwickhunt. 

64C39669-4BBD-4ACB-BED1-53A66958A186.jpeg

6CA633CA-E451-45A8-B9FA-94FC175EA816.jpeg

856BCE76-2B42-497D-80C2-E447936FB542.jpeg

Edited by dub_junkie
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My passive Corvette Standards 

The honey violin ash 4 string has an ovankol neck and the bubinga(?) 5 has a wenge neck without volute and the original just a nut. It’s also got a truss rod cover that reads ‘Corvette Proline’  possibly a mix up or mistake at the factory?
Quite a change from the earlier 5 to the 4 in the contouring etc…….

Really taken with both. Especially the passive growl and the necks/playability of both which are really fantastic.

6AF4CCC3-7189-41D2-A42F-9273085A1DE8.jpeg

B1AD1E18-8B21-4ABB-B15D-670507797DF3.jpeg

9198A784-E6F9-4047-9B15-4247BAA81224.jpeg

F3FAD6E1-B830-452E-8952-F3CF87A14830.jpeg

F86FAFEE-201C-4A65-9FBB-92372C7A3965.jpeg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

I've seen a few of those advertised over the years but they must weigh a ton!  A thumb is generally a solid 9-10lb bass but that is the same woods and bigger again + it is 26 frets.  

NT Thumbs are 26 frets (well, one of mine is zero frets, but it used to have 26). However, they are also considerably better looking than that.

My Corvette I got just before lockdown/covid, always wanted a Warwick after playing a Thumb in my local music shop. My first ever bass was a Tanglewood Corvette copy so it's nice to go full circle and have the real thing!

I feel like I'm going to regret finding this thread 😬 Think I may need to start saving for a Thumb next.

PXL_20220319_232111227.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...