Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello sexy Warwick thread! Damn, I'm going to have to stick mine up here too, I've got an old workhorse Dolphin Pro II that's certainly seen better days but she's still serving me well. I'll take some proper pictures sometime to show off her battle scars but here's the only picture I can find at the moment.

There's also my 6 string thumb that's leaving the fold, boo!

2015-11-08 20.21.53.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Tatty old piece of timber with bits of metal and wire...

Yup, can't disagree with that!

Here's mine, beautifully refinished by @Grangur of this estate. Maybe you should let him loose on yours, too, and he'll be able to turn it into something worth nearer £400 rather than £40? :) 

Warwick $$ 2007.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

...but I hate Warwicks.

Ah ok, it's all becoming clear now: that bass was actually 'mint' before you decided to do a Paul Simonon impression with it to a rapturous bunch of Spector playing TE junkies, who thought that you were a Legend? :D 

PS Mick you're either foolhardy or incredibly brave for declaring hatred for Warwicks on this thread. Probably both.

Edited by Al Krow

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Tatty old piece of timber with bits of metal and wire...

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

...but I hate Warwicks

If you want to get rid I’ve got £40 (that was the appraised value wasn’t it?)...:biggrin:

Edited by Jimothey

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Lol! You BRIAN Greek boys should start up a separate 'why I hate Warwicks' thread and maybe let us know what you do like so we can take the p*** out of that :D

Hahaha, I had a Corvette for years, wish I’d never sold it - what a bass!

I had a Dolphin..loved it, but sold it

Then I had a Corvette...needed some parts...contacted Warwick...worst customer service from a music company I ever had.

At one of our Bass Bashes I contacted loads of companies - D'Addario, Strings'n' Things and a couple of others donated stuff for the raffle - Warwick? Sweet FA and were rude about it too.." we could run our own event" but they never have...Fack'em I say!!

I'll take fair offers on the Streamer..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Then I had a Corvette...needed some parts...contacted Warwick...worst customer service from a music company I ever had.

At one of our Bass Bashes I contacted loads of companies - D'Addario, Strings'n' Things and a couple of others donated stuff for the raffle - Warwick? Sweet FA and were rude about it too.." we could run our own event" but they never have...Fack'em I say!!

Hah, yeah it's because of that attitude that so few shops stock them in the UK now. It's a real shame, great basses, shonky people skills!

I've never had to deal with their customer support, but they have a great webshop where nearly every part you could imagine can be ordered. Unless it's stuff that should be replaced under warranty, I think that's absolutely great and many companies could take it as an example IMHO. 

(although it's usually cheaper to get the same stuff through Thomann...)

Edited by LeftyJ

On 22/01/2018 at 20:09, TheGreek said:

...but I hate Warwicks.

On 23/01/2018 at 17:15, TheGreek said:

Going by your description of wowes, isn't it more fair to say, you like "Warwick basses", but in your experience, the attitude of the management stinks?

Can still understand why your dislike of one can influence the other.